2020 Sierra 1500 SLE Kodiak Diesel

Hey guys

I’m new here but I just put a deposit down on a Sierra SLE with the diesel. 

Im looking forward to being active on the forums but I was just looking for some feed back from owners of these trucks. Did I make a good choice?

I am trading in my 2018 F150 XLT 2.7l ecoboost to get into the GM. Nervous about GM product and the diesel...

Thanks for the response. I was torn between diesel and the 5.3 or 6.2. I needed more torque then my ecoboost for towing but I didn’t want the loss in fuel economy. I think the diesel was a good compromise

I really wanted an elevation as I hate chrome but it wasn’t in the budget. I’m going to try and trade/buy a non chrome grille. Apparently they are easy to change. 

32 minutes ago, Fenixashes said:

Hey guys

I’m new here but I just put a deposit down on a Sierra SLE with the diesel. 

Im looking forward to being active on the forums but I was just looking for some feed back from owners of these trucks. Did I make a good choice?

I am trading in my 2018 F150 XLT 2.7l ecoboost to get into the GM. Nervous about GM product and the diesel...

Welcome to this forum!  It sounds like you are experiencing some "buyer's remorse".  A SLE with the Kodiak package and a 3.0 Diesel  or 2.7 gas would be my choice of truck.  However, my current '15 SLE Kodiak V6 would have to be in really rough shape or totalled before I could justify buying new!  I appreciate that your biggest struggle would be the expense of the upgrade. If the payments add too much stress, you're making a poor decision.  If money isn't a worry, then you're getting a beautiful truck!   BTW How much does the weight of your trailer exceed the rated towing capacity of your F150?

Without doing the research I'm quessing the diesel has more torque than the Ford and thus your buying it.

IMO only first hand experiance works for me.

I research things I buy.

Reviews and opinions can help but until I use it myself that is the real test.

Let us know how it works for you.

:)

1 hour ago, Fenixashes said:

The ecoboost towed about 7600 lbs. my trailer comes in around 8200. 

to answer one of the other questions payment was not really an issue. Mostly nervous about switching to GM as I’ve only has gasser Fords 

Switching to GM is not a big deal but I understand changing from gas to Diesel may be a concern.  The initial cost and future maintenance needs would deter me but if money isn't an issue.... ?   The 5.3 V8 would cost much less, provide good economy and more power than you will need.  There are factors other than engine size that impact the amount your truck can tow.  Pay attention to the payload and towing limitations of the truck you choose.  

• Like 1