GMC is cheap ?

spaceman

His mentions of lack of interior lighting foot well lighting is easy enough to add I don’t have puddle lights and don’t want them and the interior lights are more then bright enough but I like them to remain off unless I’m looking for something

What’s a puddle light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, disneybaker said:

What’s a puddle light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The high end trim levels have small lights under mirrors that shine the ground when the truck is unlocked at night, or as you exit. Pretty useless but maybe the gentlemen with fancy shoes like ‘em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Colossus said:

I keep seeing people saying that just because they paid $70,000 for a vehicle, they think they are entitled to have every little option and feature out there.  Hate to break it to ya, but a $70,000 truck now a days is what a $30,000 truck was back in the 90s.  Some people just haven't kept up with inflation, cost of living, and such.  Just because you paid a certain amount for something doesn't guarantee you get everything you want or think it should have.  You ended up buying it, don't go bitching about features that are not there after the fact. 

It does guarantee I won't buy one. 

:rollin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 1:58 PM, spaceman said:

Why is GMC so cheap ?  Just bought a new 2020 GMC 1500 Denali with almost every option and there is so many things missing compared to Ford and Dodge.  You would think for $68,000. the truck would come with everything.

Just a few things on my list.  Interior lighting or lack of.  No foot well light, door lights and outside puddle lights are very dim. Interior material looks a little cheap to me(black). You would think they would add a few more accents to make it look better.

Sorry about all the complaining but besides that it's a great truck with great power and looks fantastic in red.

Next time drive the truck and research before you buy it.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:24 AM, Cpl_Punishment said:

If footwell lights are really that important, could always buy a $35k Tundra SR5...

On 2/16/2020 at 10:18 AM, Colossus said:

What are footwell lights???  Oh wait!  i remember those.. had those in a few of my early to mid-90s vehicles.. then they went away.. 

16 hours ago, disneybaker said:

What’s a puddle light?

I remember the little light bulb under the dash of my dad's old dodge. I couldn't tell you if any vehicle I have ever owned even had a footwell light. I'm guessing not. I'm not aware that my 2015 has any light down there. Why do you want your shoes lit up at night? I'm looking out the windows.

• Like 1

Speaking of which.. did they ever put under hood lights back in there?  Thought I heard someone say they did.  And while on the topic of lights.. Any of you former/current K2 owners get a truck that had that little blue LED light that shined down onto the console from the top?  Noticed it in a few of the Malibu's I rented from 2013-2018 and was told it was put in many vehicles, including the trucks.  I found it a bit annoying. 

7 hours ago, Colossus said:

Any of you former/current K2 owners get a truck that had that little blue LED light that shined down onto the console from the top?  Noticed it in a few of the Malibu's I rented from 2013-2018 and was told it was put in many vehicles, including the trucks.  I found it a bit annoying. 

yes, I have the light. It basically illuminates the cupholders. Not bright enough to be annoying. I forget its there unless I put my hand directly under it.

My wife drives a 2015 Terrain and has the same light, but in red. It shines straight down onto the shift knob.

10 minutes ago, aseibel said:

yes, I have the light. It basically illuminates the cupholders. Not bright enough to be annoying. I forget its there unless I put my hand directly under it.

My wife drives a 2015 Terrain and has the same light, but in red. It shines straight down onto the shift knob.

They must have fixed it for the 18 redesign, as my 2019 Terrain Denali doesn't have that issue. I wasn't very fond of the interior when I test drove one back in 17 though. 

11 hours ago, Colossus said:

Speaking of which.. did they ever put under hood lights back in there?  Thought I heard someone say they did.  And while on the topic of lights.. Any of you former/current K2 owners get a truck that had that little blue LED light that shined down onto the console from the top?  Noticed it in a few of the Malibu's I rented from 2013-2018 and was told it was put in many vehicles, including the trucks.  I found it a bit annoying. 

Yes, there used to be underhood lights on some vehicles.

For awhile, GM had one on pickups that enough wire and  a rewind system, so it could be used at the rear of the vehicle if changing a tire.was attached.

Ran the one I had (a '95) for 10 years and never did use if for anything. 

Edited by redwngr

4 hours ago, It's Tim said:

In reference to "gripes", is there a reason that the column shifter is the length it is? When in "D" it protudes half way across the dash.  Having the end flush with the steering wheel would be much less obtrusive.

Totally agree . Why not shorten the stick up by 2-3 inches?  Wonder if the updated interior will move to the NEW SUV push and Pull Drive/Park/Reverse. I doubt it. 

Edited by f8l vnm

Recently I was forced to drive a 2020 Ram1500 Laramie 5.7 Hemi rental with 8200 miles on it, while my Sierra was being repaired due to be rear ended by a Tri-axle dump truck. The Ram was okay and the dash layout was nicer, had puddle lights, but the ride was worse, the rear end would wag side to side over medium bumps, the engine was rough at idle and it always seemed to be in too high of a gear at cruise speeds and lugged and shuddered along. Point being, all the added gimmicks don't add up if the basics aren't met. I am very happy to be back in my GMC.