GMC Sierra, Chevrolet Silverado Interior Updates Coming For 2022

3 hours ago, EXSlider400 said:

What about adding a larger fuel tank, adding an “all forward exterior lights on” button in that blank spot on the radio by the “home” button for off-roading, and putting blinkers back into the mirrors?

The 2020 tow mirrors do have blinkers, as do the new SUVs, so maybe GM will give those back to us. :lol:

People complained about the 26 gallon tank on the K2 being too small, and GM's bright idea was "lets make it smaller". I still can't figure out why they wouldn't just stick the 31 gallon tank from the Suburban/Yukon XL in the trucks, there's plenty of room for it. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Belo said:

I think the complainers just have a louder voice. Granted the truck has come a long way and many people use them as daily drivers now, but I am climbing in and out of mine a lot during hunting season with bloody hands and muddy boots. I have a nice car that rarely sees the rain, but my truck I want to be made simpler. Durability and ease of cleaning is more important to me than anything else. That said, I think they can improve for sure, but I never once considered another truck because of the interior. 

Your right I'm one of the biggest whiners,squeakey wheel always gets the grease.Your just upset when the new truck comes out,you never be able to get rid of the 2019 you own.Because it's ugly inside and outside.

6 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

I've gotten used to my interior and don't hate it as much as I once did, but there's no denying it doesn't look as luxurious as the upper-trim Rams. I'm still more than satisfied with my T1 Sierra and would chose it over a Ram or F-150 if I was in the market again. 

This is exactly how I feel. I’m a realist and do recognize that RAM made one helluva move with that 12” center stack. Good for anyone who darkens the door of an FCA dealer to have one of those in their trucks. 

I, however, think my RST interior is excellent. It just works. Very well. And it looks clean and what I would expect in a truck. Actually better than I would expect. 

My hope is GM brushes up some of the finishes on the interior for 2022. I think the seat quality could improve, as well as making some higher trim options standard on the mid level trims (eg seat memory and ventilated seats on RST and LT TBs). 

• Like 1

They need to stop this put stuff you use and shouldn't have to look for on buttons trend. The 4wd is now tiny buttons I can't activate without taking my glove off and looking for a tiny button. Same with the fog lights used to be an easy to find in the middle of the light knob. Now it's buried in a row of buttons I have to look for in the dark and take my gloves off. If they use that stupid stacked button gear selector on the Tahoe there is no way I would buy a 2022. At least the Ram gear selector is a knob you can turn without looking at, its actually not bad I had one for a rental. That button stack gear selector for anyone in the snow belt is a deal braker. Fix these few issues and bring back adjustable brake pedals and call it a day. The Chevy Blazer I drove had the iPad glued to the dash design. It's different and ugly.

And fix the damn leaking rear window design flaw![emoji3577]

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Cjc said:

Your right I'm one of the biggest whiners,squeakey wheel always gets the grease.Your just upset when the new truck comes out,you never be able to get rid of the 2019 you own.Because it's ugly inside and outside.

Wow. Way to treat a fellow enthusiast. If its so ugly please go find something/somewhere else to be happy. No need to live your life so upset over a truck or a forum. 

• Like 5

While i can appreciate gm trying i personally do not think the new suv interior is the right direction. Sure the current interior could be improved but please for the love of god gm remember it is a truck!!! We want it to stay a truck. If anything go back a couple decades and pull from what used to be real trucks. Fix what doesn't work and don't add more stuff that will have 14 new recalls that we don't need, especially an ipad glued to the dash. I didn't buy a tesla or a ram for a reason!

I have a 19 AT4 and that is as fancy as i would ever want my truck interior to be. I also have a 17 suburban and love that interior too. They each have their place and i would not want the truck interior in the suburban or the suburban interior in the truck. These are two very different customer bases. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smrr1 said:

While i can appreciate gm trying i personally do not think the new suv interior is the right direction. Sure the current interior could be improved but please for the love of god gm remember it is a truck!!! We want it to stay a truck. If anything go back a couple decades and pull from what used to be real trucks. Fix what doesn't work and don't add more stuff that will have 14 new recalls that we don't need, especially an ipad glued to the dash. I didn't buy a tesla or a ram for a reason!

I have a 19 AT4 and that is as fancy as i would ever want my truck interior to be. I also have a 17 suburban and love that interior too. They each have their place and i would not want the truck interior in the suburban or the suburban interior in the truck. These are two very different customer bases. 

This is why they have something called option packages that will allow you to not have those fancy options if you don't want them,  Gm needs to advance every year or they will get left behind that is how this game works. 

6 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

This is why they have something called option packages that will allow you to not have those fancy options if you don't want them,  Gm needs to advance every year or they will get left behind that is how this game works. 

Oh i completely agree. That is why i said i can appreciate them trying to improve. Just don't want to get away from the roots is all. 

14 hours ago, Cjc said:

I've had more compliments about my 19 RST than any other truck I've owned. I'm not sure what world you're living in...

And I believe the world you live in is much different than mine, because my whole family owns trucks and rarely do we discuss how pretty our interiors are.

It goes:

what size cab, what size bed, what engine, z71 or no?, backup camera?, hows it ride?, how's it on gas?

but then again, we hunt, fish and use our trucks as trucks. Maybe yours is stuck in California commuter traffic?

Edited by Belo
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

I've had more compliments about my 19 RST than any other truck I've owned. I'm not sure what world you're living in...

And I believe the world you live in is much different than mine, because my whole family owns trucks and rarely do we discuss how pretty our interiors are.

It goes:

what size cab, what size bed, what engine, z71 or no?, backup camera?, hows it ride?, how's it on gas?

but then again, we hunt, fish and use our trucks as trucks. Maybe yours is stuck in California commuter traffic?

as many have stated , its OK to love your truck.. You sound like a manly man! Huntin fishin lovin every day as the song says . lol but go online and go look at every test, every competition between the big 3 and 95% of the tests have the GM short comings are on the inside. Dosent mean your 19 RST isnt any less manly but there are many people out there who see that GM dropped the ball on the interior. Hence why RAM took Chevy market share . 

Also the RAM has the best ride due to coil springs. 

Edited by f8l vnm
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

It goes:

Like that dude’s 2016 is gonna be all that desirable in 2022. ? Warranty long gone, platform that’s been on the road for 8+ years at that point. 

Our 19s will look 95% the same on the outside as the 2022 model. Given the option, people favor getting the current body style if they are shopping for a used truck. Check book value of identically equipped trucks on the 19 LD (old body style) vs the 19 T1 if you don’t believe me.

I still do welcome the new interior because I want these trucks to be the best. I had a 2020 Terrain SLT while mine was getting recalls done, and I couldn’t help but notice that in many ways the interior seemed tighter, better put together, and with nicer materials than my truck.

Granted it’s a different market altogether, and many things about it I wouldn’t tolerate in a pickup. Button shifter one of them. But no reason GM couldn’t step a few things up and poke Ram in the eye. New F150 coming out will be another one to watch.

F53C4D8B-E3A9-4494-8D2B-C06989679E5E.thumb.jpeg.d2a6060e6c516d9327e7464d0e333fc6.jpeg

6 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

They need to stop this put stuff you use and shouldn't have to look for on buttons trend. The 4wd is now tiny buttons I can't activate without taking my glove off and looking for a tiny button. Same with the fog lights used to be an easy to find in the middle of the light knob. Now it's buried in a row of buttons I have to look for in the dark and take my gloves off. If they use that stupid stacked button gear selector on the Tahoe there is no way I would buy a 2022. At least the Ram gear selector is a knob you can turn without looking at, its actually not bad I had one for a rental. That button stack gear selector for anyone in the snow belt is a deal braker. Fix these few issues and bring back adjustable brake pedals and call it a day. The Chevy Blazer I drove had the iPad glued to the dash design. It's different and ugly.

And fix the damn leaking rear window design flaw!emoji3577.png

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

The touchscreen is something else that may or may not work with gloves on. 

The one thing that surprises me most on the T1 interior is how flimsy the dash panel is where the seat heater/cooler buttons are.  The K2 buttons mounted area was extremely rigid.  The T1 interior panel moves when you push the seat heaters.  Other than that the interior is top notch and very user friendly 

3 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Like that dude’s 2016 is gonna be all that desirable in 2022. ? Warranty long gone, platform that’s been on the road for 8+ years at that point. 

Our 19s will look 95% the same on the outside as the 2022 model. Given the option, people favor getting the current body style if they are shopping for a used truck. Check book value of identically equipped trucks on the 19 LD (old body style) vs the 19 T1 if you don’t believe me.

I still do welcome the new interior because I want these trucks to be the best. I had a 2020 Terrain SLT while mine was getting recalls done, and I couldn’t help but notice that in many ways the interior seemed tighter, better put together, and with nicer materials than my truck.

Granted it’s a different market altogether, and many things about it I wouldn’t tolerate in a pickup. Button shifter one of them. But no reason GM couldn’t step a few things up and poke Ram in the eye. New F150 coming out will be another one to watch.

F53C4D8B-E3A9-4494-8D2B-C06989679E5E.thumb.jpeg.d2a6060e6c516d9327e7464d0e333fc6.jpeg

Who said I was trading my truck in?I will bet you that they change something on the front end.And the inside can only get better,than what's their now.Listen I think the Tundra  is ugly but the T1 is even more ugly than the Tundra.

Here's my friggin' .02....it's a truck not a spaceship. I had no problems with the K1 interior and the small refinements in the T1 are exactly that refinements of a well designed interior. T1 controls are the same but more logically clustered by function and all visible and within easy reach of the driver without taking eyes off the road. Minor/less frequently used controls such as USB ports and paddle, not rotary, switches being mounted lowest on the panel.

So, now that they have it damn near perfect, time to make changes to make it look more high tech rearranging the crap so it looks more impressive but detracts from usability. One look at the 2021 Tahoe/Yukon interior demonstrates that exactly. First point is that the truck setups differ from the SUV setups in particular the front seat arrangement.......trucks come with and without a center jump seat so all functional controls including the gearshift lever are clustered at dash level  to accommodate both builds, i.e. 40/20/40 bench seat and 40/40 buckets with center console......otherwise the K1/T1 would require different dashes for both options........not so the SUVs which come standard with front buckets and console and the dash of the pictured 2021 demonstrates this with the HVAC dash controls integrated into the console. And it is safe to say that GM is not about to design two different front seat options for their trucks like a single cab two seater with or without console or eliminate a 6 seat crew cab option. And relocating and squashing in the console controls to the main dash level is going to require trade offs.

So in order to accommodate a 12" center display everything else currently workable on the K1/T1 gets traded off in the balance so the next generation of commenters can blame the designers for making it look good at the expense of ergonomics. To those posters who complain of excessive night time brightness of the current 8" screen....guess what happens with a 12" screen? Try test driving a Ram at night plugged into Google maps like I did and let me know how it works out for you. My Avalanches contained that horizontal HVAC outlet setup as opposed to the vertical ones in the K1/T1....first thing I noticed buying the '16...what a pleasure, I could actually direct all the A/C to my face instead of my shoulders and get even cabin distribution instead of heat stratification. And the large screen forces all important controls like the HVAC and Infotainment buttons down low on the dash making it more difficult to reach and work while keeping eyes on the road.

For those who think that a Dodge Ram manufactured by a consortium of bankrupt Chrysler and European bottom feeder Fiat is the new standards for interior excellence should check out one of the Ram forums for their comments on the new spaceship interior Ram.

https://www.ramforum.com/forums/interior.186/

• Like 3