Chrome Bumper vs Painted Bumper

When doing an Inventory search using weblink:

https://www.gmc.com/view-inventory/sierra-1500

I noticed that this link showed Denali's with a Chrome bumper for their default truck images. (Chrome bumper is easier to maintain than a painted bumper.)

1) When you do a customer build on GMC website, I have never seen an option that lets you pick a chrome bumper for a Denali.

2) All of the Denali's I have seen on the road or at dealerships have painted bumpers. Ironically, I actually saw a Denali with chrome bumpers on the highway today. It looked sharp and I am curious on how this truck came with or was ordered with the chrome bumpers.

Denali_vs_SLT.png

14 minutes ago, gmcsierra71 said:

When doing an Inventory search using weblink:

https://www.gmc.com/view-inventory/sierra-1500

I noticed that this link showed Denali's with a Chrome bumper for their default truck images. (Chrome bumper is easier to maintain than a painted bumper.)

1) When you do a customer build on GMC website, I have never seen an option that lets you pick a chrome bumper for a Denali.

2) All of the Denali's I have seen on the road or at dealerships have painted bumpers. Ironically, I actually saw a Denali with chrome bumpers on the highway today. It looked sharp and I am curious on how this truck came with or was ordered with the chrome bumpers.

Denali_vs_SLT.png

Doubt it was. Either someone made a “denali” out of a slt or the swapped their color matched bumper for chrome. Possible i am wrong but that is my guess. The computer part is probably just a mistake. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 11:27 PM, mafd2 said:

I like both chrome and painted and have had both. My previous '16 Sierra had chrome. I went with the painted bumper on my '19. I've had my truck since last March and so far no chips. I couldn't be happier on how it's held up. I spray it with F11 top coat about every 3 months and bugs wash right off. 

1581221142445_Screenshot_2020-02-08-21-42-50-1-1.png

Have had good luck with the painted bumpers and hood of the '16 and the '19.......10 months and not a single chip in the red bumper. And I don't go looking for them either never draft semis, follow closely behind any large tire vehicle without intact flaps, Jeeps or raised vehicles with knobby tires, and oversize tires extending past the body.

Eight months on the wax job without a hand wash, just mountain thunderstorms which do a great job of blasting the paint clean. Used Rust-O-Leum factor 4 synthetic wax system supposedly good for 3 years and still looks good and beads up.

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-345537-Factor-Synthetic-System/dp/B07Q5TWD56/ref=asc_df_B07Q5TWD56/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=343269704855&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17440910053688780393&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009163&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-741589672295&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=69167827135&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=343269704855&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17440910053688780393&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009163&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-741589672295

As fior that aeroskin.....no way I'm sticking anything other than emblems with 3M tape directly on the hood surface. All you need is a little water to get past the seams where the strips of tape are joined and water, soap,  & crap washing off the hood gets trapped against the clear coat underneath. Combine the heat of the engine with a hot Summer Sun and that wet mess gets cooked onto the top of the clearcoat.....same problem with bras fitted directly on the hood surface where trapped water boils and clouds the clearcoat. EGR makes a nice off the hood type that mounts into existing holes under the hood which permits cleaning and waxing underneath and can be removed anytime if desired with no trace or damage to the surface underneath. Off the hood wing effect doesn't take take direct bug hits and directs them over the roof instead of onto the windshield. Best part is the hood and rain deflectors also come in matte black finish to match the body trim on the RST.

DSCN0637.JPG.eb8f86a4df428dbd8c5db688834342f8.JPGDSCN0761.JPG.ed917308993b128424058b13d2c45c59.JPG