Floor mats

Rob133

13 hours ago, Donstar said:

I remember thinking it was ridiculous when carpeting became common in pickup trucks.  The fact that many look for full coverage floormats suggests that maybe vinyl floors in higher trims would be a viable option!   However, I have found the "carpet" in our trucks to be pretty robust and can withstand pretty aggressive treatment.  I like a full coverage, good fitting mat for the driver and it appears GM now offers such a product.  The GM mats for the previous generation of trucks was cut out around the gas pedal making the competition the preferred choice in floor coverings.

I bought a lower trim package this time and got the vinyl floors. Trying to decide what I'm going to do. It's easier to take out a mat and hose it off then wash the vinyl floor while it is still in the truck. I've already put mats in the front. Trying to do decide what to do, if anything for the back.

10 hours ago, mike5511 said:

I bought a lower trim package this time and got the vinyl floors. Trying to decide what I'm going to do. It's easier to take out a mat and hose it off then wash the vinyl floor while it is still in the truck. I've already put mats in the front. Trying to do decide what to do, if anything for the back.

I agree that floor mats are almost necessary on a vinyl floor. They save wear on specific spots and will capture most of the dirt.  Simple auto store area mats will suffice.  This reminds me of when we tore all of the carpeting out of a house and replaced them with hardwood.  We then went crazy buying area rugs!   (This was still better than laying vinyl runners over wall to wall!)

I have owned quite  a few sets of Weathertech over the years and I will say the OEM ones I bought for my 2019 GMC and hands down a better mat than the Weathertech. They fit perfect and are a nice pliable rubber. Plus the color is a prefect match to the interior. As a bonus they were even a few bucks cheaper too.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 7:25 PM, Rob133 said:

Hey everyone looking to get the best all weather floor mats. Are weather tech still the best?

I must have missed the time when weathertech was ever "best" at anything. Maybe first?

I love my Husky liners, but the new GM ones definitely look nice.

7 hours ago, Donstar said:

I agree that floor mats are almost necessary on a vinyl floor. They save wear on specific spots and will capture most of the dirt.  Simple auto store area mats will suffice.  This reminds me of when we tore all of the carpeting out of a house and replaced them with hardwood.  We then went crazy buying area rugs!   (This was still better than laying vinyl runners over wall to wall!)

That is what I did in the front. Probably what I'll do in the rear too. It is usally just me in the truck anyway.

Edited by mike5511