Paint Code for Bumper Swap

1 hour ago, silverado2k18 said:

sounds good.  looking forward to seeing it.  what is your total cost for the parts?

So far:

Brackets:                   $65

Paintable bumper:  $280

GEN5DIY harness:  $110

Fog lights:                $150

The paint guy said $300-350 for the bumper and headlight bezels. I guess around a thousand once it's done including shipping for some of those parts. Assuming I don't need anything else anyway. Just waiting on the bumper now, says shipping pending on the tracking. Brackets will arrive tomorrow. 

Update:

I got everything in except the bumpers and that's getting delivered to the paint shop Monday. The fog lights I got weren't OEM and have different plugs than the Gen5DIY harness. I emailed them, which by the way they are fast to respond and super helpful, they said I can splice the plugs together and make sure the connection is sealed and it'll be good. 

Second thing the brackets did not come with any hardware. I guess I'm going to check with the dealership next week and if the stuff isn't too expensive I'll just get it there. I'd assume it's just simple nuts and bolts. I'm gonna get under my buddy's Z71 in the morning and look again at that.

The paint shop said if he gets the bumpers Monday he'll have everything painted by Wednesday or Thursday. So shooting for next weekend to try to get everything installed.

On 3/4/2020 at 8:43 PM, jake241983 said:

So far:

Brackets:                   $65

Paintable bumper:  $280

GEN5DIY harness:  $110

Fog lights:                $150

The paint guy said $300-350 for the bumper and headlight bezels. I guess around a thousand once it's done including shipping for some of those parts. Assuming I don't need anything else anyway. Just waiting on the bumper now, says shipping pending on the tracking. Brackets will arrive tomorrow. 

how was the bumper so cheap?

21 hours ago, jake241983 said:

Update:

I got everything in except the bumpers and that's getting delivered to the paint shop Monday. The fog lights I got weren't OEM and have different plugs than the Gen5DIY harness. I emailed them, which by the way they are fast to respond and super helpful, they said I can splice the plugs together and make sure the connection is sealed and it'll be good. 

Second thing the brackets did not come with any hardware. I guess I'm going to check with the dealership next week and if the stuff isn't too expensive I'll just get it there. I'd assume it's just simple nuts and bolts. I'm gonna get under my buddy's Z71 in the morning and look again at that.

The paint shop said if he gets the bumpers Monday he'll have everything painted by Wednesday or Thursday. So shooting for next weekend to try to get everything installed.

i definitely want lights that use the oem plug.

40 minutes ago, silverado2k18 said:

how was the bumper so cheap?

I don't know, I got it from carparts.com. Never used them before, but popped up when I searched for bumpers and reviews seemed good. We'll see here in a few days. 

22 minutes ago, jake241983 said:

I don't know, I got it from carparts.com. Never used them before, but popped up when I searched for bumpers and reviews seemed good. We'll see here in a few days. 

gotcha.  so it is not oem? 

3 minutes ago, silverado2k18 said:

curious of the quality.  let me know what you think, and maybe post a picture of it.

I will. It's getting delivered straight to the paint shop Monday and he says Wednesday or Thursday it'll be done. 

1 hour ago, silverado2k18 said:

hows' it going?

Just picked up my painted rear bumper and headlight bezels an hour ago. Picking up the front bumper after work tomorrow. If I get off early enough I might try to put everything on tomorrow. If not, then this weekend.

Been watching YouTube videos and I don't think the front bumper will be too bad. The video I watched of the rear bumper looked more complex. Since I'm swapping the grille and headlights anyway I should be able to do everything to the front at once. 

20200312_183200.jpg

Edited by jake241983

56 minutes ago, jake241983 said:

Just picked up my painted rear bumper and headlight bezels an hour ago. Picking up the front bumper after work tomorrow. If I get off early enough I might try to put everything on tomorrow. If not, then this weekend.

Been watching YouTube videos and I don't think the front bumper will be too bad. The video I watched of the rear bumper looked more complex. Since I'm swapping the grille and headlights anyway I should be able to do everything to the front at once. 

20200312_183200.jpg

nice!  keep me posted!

Okay, so you have to pop that plastic shroud off first under the hood and then remove the grille. It's pretty straightforward. The plastic piece is I think twelve of those plastic trim things that pop off. Then you need a 10mm socket to remove the grille. Once that's out you can see these four bolts here. Two on each side. They're 18mm. There's also two underneath that are 15mm post a pick. Once those are out the bumper comes right off. 

20200313_141039.jpg