Paint Code for Bumper Swap

Hello all.  I have a 2018 Silverado, with the Silver Ice Metallic paint, that I am looking for the paint code.  I currently have a front bumper, painted, without fog lights, and want to swap it for the factory bumper with fog light cutouts.

Can anyone help with the paint code, and also part numbers i would need for the lights, brackets, screws, etc to complete this?

I have seen a wiring harness, that I believe can be added, so that the lights simply come on when the lowbeam headlights are on, and I wouldnt need the dash switch.  That is what I would like to do.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated, as always.

Grego.

I'm looking for the about the same info. I have a 2019 Silverado 1500 LD in silver ice metallic with a chrome bumper with no fog lights and I'm wanting color matched with fog lights. 

Found the bumper, fog lights, and the harness that makes them come on with the headlights. It's the brackets and miscellaneous stuff is what I'm wanting to make sure I have all of. 

I'm not sure this is right, but I found these brackets from searching online and they look to be what attach the fog lights to the bumper.

https://www.discountbodyparts.com/catalog/feeds/Chevrolet/Silverado_1500/Replacement/Bumper_Bracket/2017/LTZ/SET-REPC013183.html?dbpcid=gglpla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=1597045197&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiAm4TyBRDgARIsAOU75spNvS-Mh3Y_Vi-seWmbO4uiIQ50qYEfHN1f6R1AY5nTo6TTjre_24IaAp59EALw_wcB

Can someone confirm these are the brackets that attach the fog lights to the bumper and if there's other hardware needed? I've read a bunch of similar threads on the site and all I've seen mentioned are Rigid Industries brackets and all I see on their site is for the 14-15 models. I guess what I'm asking is will I be able to use mostly my existing bumper hardware to mount the bumper and just need the brackets (if those are correct) for the fog lights?

The picture I posted is the back of a bumper with fog lights and what looks like that bracket in the link that holds the fog lights on. 

Screenshot_20200211-160711_Gallery.jpg

Mine doesn't appear to have them. If I'm looking at it right it's missing that square bracket that the fog light housing goes in with the four bolts. 

According to that link in my first post the part numbers should be 84029810 and 84029811. 

I found a local shop to do the painting and the harness from Gen5DIY that makes them come on with the headlights. 

Screenshot_20200211-174352_Gallery.jpg

This is off the build sheet of my 2018 Silver ice DBL cab.

GAN- Silver ice metallic

Not sure if this is what you guys are looking for but I think it is.

Screenshot_20200211-202204.png

Edited by dieselfan1

1 hour ago, silverado2k18 said:

thanks for the info.  its what i needed for paint code.

No problem. I try to get the right info when I can.

The touch up paint is also called Switchblade silver metallic

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, jake241983 said:

@silverado2k18 you ever get your swap done? I ordered all (I hope) the parts for mine this week. I'm hoping to have everything and get it all installed in the next couple weeks.

i did not yet.  still waiting on prices from the dealer for the bumper and lights/screws.

what did you order?

19 minutes ago, silverado2k18 said:

i did not yet.  still waiting on prices from the dealer for the bumper and lights/screws.

what did you order?

I got a paintable bumper with fog light holes and a local guy is going to paint it. Plus the Gen5DIY fog light harness, the actual OEM fog lights I found on Ebay, plus those brackets that my truck seems to be missing. If they don't come with the screws and bolts and whatnot I guess I'll have to track those down too. 

I also got those new Morimoto headlights and tail lights. The guy that's painting the bumper is also going to paint the headlight bezels to match. Also found a grille fairly cheap already in silver ice metallic. So everything will be color matched once it's on. 

It should all be here by next week. As soon as they get those pieces painted for me I'll try to put it all on. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

On 2/27/2020 at 7:00 PM, jake241983 said:

I got a paintable bumper with fog light holes and a local guy is going to paint it. Plus the Gen5DIY fog light harness, the actual OEM fog lights I found on Ebay, plus those brackets that my truck seems to be missing. If they don't come with the screws and bolts and whatnot I guess I'll have to track those down too. 

I also got those new Morimoto headlights and tail lights. The guy that's painting the bumper is also going to paint the headlight bezels to match. Also found a grille fairly cheap already in silver ice metallic. So everything will be color matched once it's on. 

It should all be here by next week. As soon as they get those pieces painted for me I'll try to put it all on. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

what part numbers did you order?  could you also post a couple of pictures?  still no word from my dealer on pricing......

8 hours ago, silverado2k18 said:

what part numbers did you order?  could you also post a couple of pictures?  still no word from my dealer on pricing......

The part numbers on the brackets? 

The fogs just a pair of smoked ones for a 16-18 Silverado 1500 off Ebay. Actually not OEM, that was a typo in the other post. From the pictures the plugs look the same as what the OEM ones have that goes into the Gen5DIY harness. Hopefully anyway, if not they can be returned. The bumper just a paintable bumper with fog light holes and no sensor holes.

A buddy of mine has a 2018 Silverado Z71 with fog lights and I got underneath it yesterday to compare it to mine. It looks like the only thing missing from mine is those brackets like the part numbers are for. They attach to the center bracket like in that first pic I posted, but also another bracket on the other side that's not in that pic. That's where the other two of the four bolts on the fog light housings go. I didn't take a picture of it because my truck has them already.

The main thing I'm worried about is if those brackets come with the hardware. The fog lights that I bought seem to come with the four bolts that go into each bracket, but if the brackets themselves don't have hardware then I'll have to find some. Either the dealership or just find equivalents at Menards or somewhere. I guess whatever happens I'm invested now and I'll figure it out. 

You said your truck already had those brackets? What pics are you needing?

I'm going to be on the road for work from tomorrow morning till Wednesday evening and some of the parts will start arriving tomorrow and should have most, if not all by the end of the week. I'm not going to put them in until I get the bumper painted, but hopefully once I have everything I ordered I can make sure I have all I need. I'll definitely keep you updated if you want and post pics of the process so you have an idea what's you're getting into.

Edited by jake241983

On 3/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, jake241983 said:

The part numbers on the brackets? 

The fogs just a pair of smoked ones for a 16-18 Silverado 1500 off Ebay. Actually not OEM, that was a typo in the other post. From the pictures the plugs look the same as what the OEM ones have that goes into the Gen5DIY harness. Hopefully anyway, if not they can be returned. The bumper just a paintable bumper with fog light holes and no sensor holes.

A buddy of mine has a 2018 Silverado Z71 with fog lights and I got underneath it yesterday to compare it to mine. It looks like the only thing missing from mine is those brackets like the part numbers are for. They attach to the center bracket like in that first pic I posted, but also another bracket on the other side that's not in that pic. That's where the other two of the four bolts on the fog light housings go. I didn't take a picture of it because my truck has them already.

The main thing I'm worried about is if those brackets come with the hardware. The fog lights that I bought seem to come with the four bolts that go into each bracket, but if the brackets themselves don't have hardware then I'll have to find some. Either the dealership or just find equivalents at Menards or somewhere. I guess whatever happens I'm invested now and I'll figure it out. 

You said your truck already had those brackets? What pics are you needing?

I'm going to be on the road for work from tomorrow morning till Wednesday evening and some of the parts will start arriving tomorrow and should have most, if not all by the end of the week. I'm not going to put them in until I get the bumper painted, but hopefully once I have everything I ordered I can make sure I have all I need. I'll definitely keep you updated if you want and post pics of the process so you have an idea what's you're getting into.

i just wanted to see some pics of taking the bumper off, and mounting the new one.  just a how to basically.  my dealer still isnt getting back to me, so it looks like i need to find another source for the oem bumper, to get painted.  did you get the harness to have the fogs go off with brights?

13 hours ago, silverado2k18 said:

i just wanted to see some pics of taking the bumper off, and mounting the new one.  just a how to basically.  my dealer still isnt getting back to me, so it looks like i need to find another source for the oem bumper, to get painted.  did you get the harness to have the fogs go off with brights?

No, I got the harness that leaves the fogs on with the brights. I can take some pics as I go. I've never swapped a bumper before, but I'm thinking it's doable at home with basic tools. I'll update as I get all the parts, get the bumper painted, and get it all put on. 

11 hours ago, jake241983 said:

No, I got the harness that leaves the fogs on with the brights. I can take some pics as I go. I've never swapped a bumper before, but I'm thinking it's doable at home with basic tools. I'll update as I get all the parts, get the bumper painted, and get it all put on. 

sounds good.  looking forward to seeing it.  what is your total cost for the parts?