Hey guys, I've been asked in the past to start a build thread on here of my 19 Z71. Well, since she's going in the shop for suspension upgrades (Brenthal Industries) on Monday I thought now would be a good time to start with what I've done so far.

Started Off: June 21, 2019

2019 Silverado 1500 Z71, LT, Crew Cab w/ 6' bed (hard to find), 5.3L, 8spd trans.

BONE STOCK

First Look.jpg

Edited by code-man26

First off, I wanted to get the front end to the height it would end up at with my future plans. I purchased the Moto Fab 3" leveling top strut mount spacers because (1) That's the amount of lift the new suspension and King coilover shocks will give me and (2) They seem  to be more stout than the plastic lower strut mount spacer option. 

https://motofablifts.com/i-30558234-07-19-chevy-gmc-silverado-sierra-1500-3-front-leveling-lift-kit.html?ref=category:1390599

W Leveling Kit.jpg

Next, it was time to get some real hikin shoes on her. In anticipation for the new suspension requiring wheels with a minimum of 4.75". I ended up finding a set of 5 bran new Method Double Standards with Toyo Open Country R/T tires mounted for a killer deal on the http://www.race-dezert.com Classifieds section. In the end I had to add 1/2" wheel spacers on the front wheels since the wheel just barely contacted the brake caliper and 1/2" spacers were the smallest I could find. Breaks my heart to have to use wheel spacers but....what're ya gonna do?

Wheels: Method 304 Double Standard (machine finish) 17x8.5

Tires: Toyo Open Country R/T 285/70/17

Wheels and Tires.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

Wheel Tire Close Up.jpg

Edited by code-man26

After looking at the truck for a couple weeks all raked out like it is (sat 1.75" higher in the front) I decided to install a 1" lift block under the leaf springs to ease up on the rake a bit.

https://vod.ebay.com/vod/FetchOrderDetails?itemid=252445736848&transid=2535146040015&ul_noapp=true

1 inch lift block rear.jpg

2 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Apparently about half the country mostly along the California coast, Seattle/Portland metro areas and surrounding greater NYC metropolitan areas... ?

Tyler

Apparently? Let me reassure you, we all still love America out here on the Cali coast.  ? ?

• Like 1

you aren't kidding about finding a standard bed in a 1500.....took me awhile 

I almost went with same kit from them ( king 2.5 and baja kits UCA), I was on my way to their shop but decided I probably wont take it offroad much and its a bit of coin even though kings are superb and am sure the truck would have rode very nice even on street....maybe DTL

I will be going filthy motorsports Kings 2.5 OEM Upgrade Kit for my 2019 Trail Boss. Includes:

- Front 2.5’s w/ ext travel and compression adjusters

- Rear 2.5’s w/ compression adjusters

- 1” Lift Deaver rear leaf springs 

I already have after market UCA’s

On 2/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, TheTicketTX said:

I will be going filthy motorsports Kings 2.5 OEM Upgrade Kit for my 2019 Trail Boss. Includes:

- Front 2.5’s w/ ext travel and compression adjusters

- Rear 2.5’s w/ compression adjusters

- 1” Lift Deaver rear leaf springs 

I already have after market UCA’s

Nice! Which UCA's did you go with? Also, which Deaver pack did you get? I've been hounding them about a mini pack for our 2019's that would give a 2" lift but they haven't released the product yet.

*Dropping my truck off at Baja Kits right now* ?

Edited by code-man26

1 hour ago, code-man26 said:

Nice! Which UCA's did you go with? Also, which Deaver pack did you get? I've been hounding them about a mini pack for our 2019's that would give a 2" lift but they haven't released the product yet.

*Dropping my truck off at Baja Kits right now* ?

Ahhh lucky!

im just going to use the UCAs that came up my ReadyLIFT level kit, they’re not bad at all! 

The package through Filthy Motorsports includes “1 Lift Deaver Rear Leaf Springs...

-from their website-

- Lifts the rear end 1" for improved rear travel. Hardware included.
- All Deaver leaf springs will be custom tuned for your application.”

1 hour ago, TheTicketTX said:

Ahhh lucky!

im just going to use the UCAs that came up my ReadyLIFT level kit, they’re not bad at all! 

The package through Filthy Motorsports includes “1 Lift Deaver Rear Leaf Springs...

-from their website-

- Lifts the rear end 1" for improved rear travel. Hardware included.
- All Deaver leaf springs will be custom tuned for your application.”

I dunno, something doesn't sound right about the 1" lift Deavers (I hope you're right though). I haven't seen anything like that on the Deaver website. Give them a call and inquire about the 2019 Silverados. I always prefer to contact the manufacturer rather than a re-sale shop if I can. 

1 minute ago, code-man26 said:

I dunno, something doesn't sound right about the 1" lift Deavers (I hope you're right though). I haven't seen anything like that on the Deaver website. Give them a call and inquire about the 2019 Silverados. I always prefer to contact the manufacturer rather than a re-sale shop if I can. 

I think they are only a “1 specialized for Trail Boss / AT4

• Thanks 1