Infotainment System Navigation bugs

I'd like to see if anyone else can reproduce this bug, or if it's just my truck.

With truck sitting (cold boot), start truck and select a destination, could be 2 blocks away.

When you've reached your destination, turn truck off, get out, perform Chinese fire drill, get back into truck.

Start truck, select a new destination, this could be your original point.

Wait a few seconds and computer crashes and the radio volume elevates.

How do we report this bugs to GM so, maybe they'll give a **** and try fixing them?

20200122_201327 (Large).jpg

20200122_201348 (Large).jpg

Edited by DanPFW

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was working yesterday.  However, this morning, I backed out of the garage, selected a destination, switched to the audio app, and the system rebooted.  The Nav shortcut at the bottom of the screen rarely works either.

I think pulling F58 fuse from the passenger panel will reboot the system properly.  I've only tested it once.  I might need to make a remote wire/fuse/switch to force the cold reboot after it crashes.

Edited by DanPFW

• DanPFW changed the title to Infotainment System Navigation bugs
  • 1 month later...

Like this? This is must be your first GM truck lol. Their SW can be buggy and inconsistent but it can be very difficult to replicate bugs because of the way the system is intertwined. If I had to take a guess, their software code is probably monotonically written and because everything in the truck ties back to the headunit, one failed process can take out the whole headunit. Just a guess.

1500 info crash2.jpg

1500 info crash1.jpg

I got the above headunit error once.  I think from plugging/unplugging my Samsung while the headunit was booting right after starting the truck.  Definately best to give the truck computers time to boot after ignition.  Weird things can happen otherwise.