6 speed carnage

Anything you can share about the 8 speed, I have just under 23000 miles on it (2018), should I do the fluid exchange?

Compared to my 16 (also 8 speed), it is pretty smooth, just wondering what I should do.

Torque converter replaced in our 16 Tahoe at 59000 miles (6 speed).

Is a fluid exchange where they suck it out? Why would you not have the pan dropped and filter changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my experience, flush is a bad idea. Make them drop the pan, completely drain the fluid and replace the fluid/filter.

I did a dealership flush at 50k and started to see a shutter within 100 miles. The dealership said it was normal. They wouldn't do anything for it. Took it to a private shop, had them completely change the fluid and filter. Truck no longer shutters. Now, this is a 6L90HD (2500 HD), but the dealership flush was garbage. And the dealership got tranny fluid all over the engine bay and windshield!! 

And the dealership told me there was no filter...but there is. Private shop showed it to me.

10 hours ago, disneybaker said:

Is a fluid exchange where they suck it out? Why would you not have the pan dropped and filter changed?

Great question, I have not looked into what they actually do when it falls under a warranty TSB/recall.

Pretty sure you would not have a choice if they are paying for it.

From my experience, flush is a bad idea. Make them drop the pan, completely drain the fluid and replace the fluid/filter.

I did a dealership flush at 50k and started to see a shutter within 100 miles. The dealership said it was normal. They wouldn't do anything for it. Took it to a private shop, had them completely change the fluid and filter. Truck no longer shutters. Now, this is a 6L90HD (2500 HD), but the dealership flush was garbage. And the dealership got tranny fluid all over the engine bay and windshield!! 

And the dealership told me there was no filter...but there is. Private shop showed it to me.

My shop couldn’t do a drain on my traverse, no pan or drain plug, but my suburban after being told there was no filter, they said no drain plug no filter, my local shop who I trust, dropped the pan, sure enough there was a filter, replaced filter and new gasket, think dealers really want to push there tranny flush, I really have a problem with debris blowing around in there, I picture them using someone else old tranny fluid to flush yours