Radio does not shut off after truck has been shut off and door opened

2 hours ago, Daniels79 said:

Mine just started doing this. Started when an update for infotainment popped up. 

Same thing just happened to me and it would not shut off until I completed the update. Once I completed the update it was fine. 

This is unacceptable as far as I am concerned.

4 hours ago, scottdg said:

Same thing just happened to me and it would not shut off until I completed the update. Once I completed the update it was fine. 

This is unacceptable as far as I am concerned.

Most computers (or computer oriented items) do this now days. It will become more and more the "normal" over the next few years.

• 6 months later...

Had this issue occur on my 2020 last night. Occurred in the middle of a long drive and we noticed the whole infotainment was unresponsive. XM Radio played even after doors shut, locked, reopened. Shut locked, etc. Onstar was also non responsive. Finally called Onstar and she had to reset it remotely then we did a workaround of turning off the truck, opening the driver door. Closing and waiting inside the truck until the Onstar light went off then back on. That fixed it. Software is up to date. It’s going to the dealership today.

Back in the 2000s I had a similar thing occur in a Cadillac CTS. After the third trip to dealer did not fix, I was going to claim lemon law. Instead, GM gave me a brand new lease in a new model at same cost. Seems they wanted to avoid the lemon process as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2020 Silverado Custom radio has went blank twice in the 2 months I've had it with now just 1400 miles on it.   The first time it went blank while driving and I was able to turn it off and wait a short time, turned it back on and all was fine.   Now yesterday it went blank again while driving and I had no response out of the controls or power button.   When I stopped at the store it was still playing when I got out and had locked doors and let it play.   Then when i came out about a half hour later it was off, I then started my truck to leave and everything was working like it should.  So I guess I'll see.  It also states it is up to date.

Truck spent 24 hrs in the shop and obviously they were not able to replicate the issue troubleshooting with a number of suggestions from GM. They defaulted to “must be your phone’s operating system” which may or may not have been connected and was the latest iOS update.

However, it has been logged with GM.

If it continues, I will again resolve on the road with Onstar. Then bring it to the dealer. Rinse, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk