Black AT4 emblems

On 2/29/2020 at 6:14 AM, 2000 said:

Thank you. 

You're welcome.  I just had an exhaust shop put on my Borla exhaust today, and requested they change out my exhaust tips.  Unfortunately, they said they couldn't get to the bolts to do it.  I am faaaaar from mechanically inclined, so now I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.  Might have to check with the dealer to see how much they would soak me to install them. ?

1 hour ago, Libertas said:

You're welcome.  I just had an exhaust shop put on my Borla exhaust today, and requested they change out my exhaust tips.  Unfortunately, they said they couldn't get to the bolts to do it.  I am faaaaar from mechanically inclined, so now I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.  Might have to check with the dealer to see how much they would soak me to install them. ?

Installed my black tips tonight.  It was definitely a struggle getting the first one done, it’s really tight under there. 

For me a 10mm ratcheting wrench was key to the removal and reinstall. First remove the top bolt with a 10mm ratchet & extension. Once the top bolt is out, you can pull down on the tip and this will allow more access to the left & right bolts. Remove the inside bolt first and outside bolt second with a 10mm ratcheting wrench. Repeat in reverse order when installing new tips. Don’t fully tighten the left or right bolt until you’ve got both bolts started.

• 4 months later...
On 2/3/2020 at 12:43 AM, Dick Messerly said:

84690478 is the bigger door one 84690479 is the smaller tailgate one. 

Anyone else getting the description as "F Plate" for the door badge? Tailgate one is full description, but door one basically says nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 9:56 PM, Dick Messerly said:

Also decided to plastidip the gmc emblem I don't get why they don't just make them like this it looks so much better! 

IMG_20200129_225607_235.jpg

did you take it off to do it 

• 3 months later...
On 3/2/2020 at 11:38 PM, Libertas said:

Small air ratchet.... it'll slide right in there.

• 2 months later...

Those badges look awesome!!!!!   I plasti dipped my 2014 Denali badges black.   The only issue I had was the front would chip and flake from rock strikes.  So I would touch it up every couple months.  Anyone have suggestions on making the front panted emblems more durable?

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Rgpie75 said:

How hard were these to line up when installing? Not a bad option for $20 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am no expert and found them to be not too bad to apply. They fit just inside the chrome layer and I used a blow dryer to heat up and a credit card to tuck the edges