Black AT4 emblems

I was at the dealership this morning getting a couple recalls taken care of and while I was there I had the parts department look up the blacked out Carbon Pro emblems and exhaust tips since I am thinking about buying them. The part numbers that were listed above did not come up in The dealerships system. This is the part numbers they gave me while looking up a Carbon Pro VIN #. FYI Gm parts direct website has them for a lot cheaper.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Dbrace said:

I was at the dealership this morning getting a couple recalls taken care of and while I was there I had the parts department look up the blacked out Carbon Pro emblems and exhaust tips since I am thinking about buying them. The part numbers that were listed above did not come up in The dealerships system. This is the part numbers they gave me while looking up a Carbon Pro VIN #. FYI Gm parts direct website has them for a lot cheaper.

Those are the same part numbers are they not?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dick Messerly said:

Yeah I think im going to go illuminated. I'm not positive it will work its not a option in the 2019 accessories page. I know they are the same emblem but talking with my parts manager it may not have the right wiring harness but we just aren't sure until it shows up. I was planning on taking off the front emblem and plastidiping it but we got about a foot of snow and a cold snap down in the teens. I'll probably get it done here in a few days. 

Awesome I saw in your other thread about the emblem someone had it done already. Looks much better without the chrome might pull the trigger on it. If you do end up plasti dipping it I wouldnt mind seeing how it looks on the front also! Got my cans on the way ready to do the rear

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dbrace said:

image.jpg

Yeah those are the same parts numbers I put in the post earlier. I get employee price on parts which is a few bucks better than what I could find them for online.

4 hours ago, Libertas said:

These are the same part #'s that have been provided in this thread...  GM Parts direct stated that the 84690478 is on backorder though...

I misread the numbers my mistake....The dealership told me they were on back order as well.

I ordered these on 2/5/20 - initial ETA was 2/13/20 - now - back ordered - no ETA - so I wait!

Going in on 2/21/20 for alignment since level kit and front UCA's went on, a couple to recall's and for fix to my kicker speakers in tailgate - which only work part of the time, add black exhaust tips and to add GM performance air box.

I have 2019 AT4 carbon pro - so it came with cat back exhaust, so I wanted to add airbox to maximize airflow with OEM parts.

Be nice when it is all done! 

Edited by Supercup

On 1/30/2020 at 12:49 AM, Dick Messerly said:

Got the new carbon flash black AT4 emblems! They are looking great!!! 

20200128_160340.jpg

20200128_160332.jpg

Hey just wondering are these a matte black or more of a metallic black. My dealership is saying  it has flakes in it. Just want to make sure they ordered the right part. Thanks 

On 2/21/2020 at 2:44 PM, Gerstein1989 said:

Hey just wondering are these a matte black or more of a metallic black. My dealership is saying  it has flakes in it. Just want to make sure they ordered the right part. Thanks 

They have a flake in them definitely a glossy metallic paint

23 minutes ago, Gerstein1989 said:

Thanks. Do you know where you can find the Sierra name plate in black. Can’t find it anywhere. 

I do not think they make it in the carbon flash color. On the carbon pros it's still chrome for some reason I went with the removal option for it. IMO it's too cluttered with it. You could go with the plastidip method on them I did it on the chrome part of my rear gmc emblem. Plastidiping the Sierra part would be super easy though if you went that route. I'll check with my parts department and see if they can find anything. 

Edited by Dick Messerly

1 minute ago, Dick Messerly said:

I do not think they make it in the carbon flash color. On the carbon pros it's still chrome for some reason I went with the removal option for it. IMO it's too cluttered with it. You could go with the plastidip method on them I did it on the chrome part of my rear gmc emblem. Plastidiping the Sierra part would be super easy though if you went that route. I'll check with my parts department and see if they can find anything. 

Ya I did that but I find the salt and dirt stick to it like crazy. Winder times in Canada lol. Thanks appreciate it. The dealerships near me are always so clueless. 

On 2/1/2020 at 9:40 PM, Dick Messerly said:

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you all! I'm actually a salesman at a gmc dealership so I've been putting in the hours for end of the month! The 2 part numbers are 84690478 and 84680479 AT4 emblems in carbon flash is what they call them. Plasti dip isn't usually hard, in this case it kinda was. I had to tape all the red off then go in after and exactoknife around it and be super careful on peeling. Just doing the whole emblem back would have been 100 times I'll attach some pics. You probably don't have to leave as big of a space around the emblem but you definitely want some space it peels right off the paint and breaks right on the edges of the emblem. I did 4 coats waiting 30 minutes in between. 

20200129_153753.jpg

Thanks Dick Messerly for the advice, I went ahead and plasti dipped mine and couldn’t be happier! Was really an easy project too.

F5B7986A-31B5-4311-8827-4B051A5EFCB2.jpeg

68746BEC-A46E-462D-A95C-6927C2C47D18.jpeg

269FAF6B-F534-4281-B178-D23434BA75A2.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 3:03 AM, Libertas said:

Yes.  Gm Parts Direct has it.  I ordered all 3 badges and the 2 exhaust tips.. $297.56 shipped.   I don't have any local dealership connections anymore to get hooked up on employee or trade pricing.

Is there a black exhuast tip? I can’t find it.