Black AT4 emblems

3 hours ago, Supercup said:

thanks that is awesome! 

I assume one part number is for driver side and one for passenger side - what about tailgate - is it driver side part number or passenger side? 

Thanks 

John 

One is for doors the other is tailgate. The doors are the same just had to order 2

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chrisd534 said:

Awesome thanks! 

Curious how you lined up the new ones? 

They come in this Styrofoam cut out that lines right up with the ridge in the metal of the door I'll grab a pick of it as well. I also used a suction laser level just to be sure but I had that laying around I'm not sure it was really even needed. My other option I was going to do was frame the old one with masking tape use that as my guide

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dick Messerly said:

They come in this Styrofoam cut out that lines right up with the ridge in the metal of the door I'll grab a pick of it as well. I also used a suction laser level just to be sure but I had that laying around I'm not sure it was really even needed. My other option I was going to do was frame the old one with masking tape use that as my guide

Pics would be awesome! Just ordered the badges and the muffler tips. Were they hard to take off or nice and easy with the 3M eraser wheel?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrisd534 said:

Pics would be awesome! Just ordered the badges and the muffler tips. Were they hard to take off or nice and easy with the 3M eraser wheel?

Here's a Pic of the packaging they come in I just lined up the top of that white foam to ridge on the door. They came off pretty easy just hit them with a heat gun for a few seconds (it's been very cold here) then fishing lined behind them they came right off hit it with the wheel cleaned with alcohol made sure it was dry then lined them up and stuck them on. 

20200203_162245.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 5:30 PM, Chrisd534 said:

Wondering the same. Maybe one is for the side doors and the other for the tailgate? Which is which?? That way we order 2 of 1 and 1 of the other 

This was my question too.  When I googled the part #'s, it showed a parts diagram for the 84680479 as being for the tailgate.  So I assume that the 84680478 is for the door badge (this part number doesn't show any diagrams or images), but wanted to make sure.  I assumed I would need to order 2 of those and one for the tailgate.  Would like to be certain before I order, because GM parts states it is special order, so if I needed to do returns, I would be looking at a 35% restocking fee in addition to shipping charges.

ETA: I see this has been answered.  Thanks to the OP for the info!

Edited by Libertas
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dick Messerly said:

Here's a Pic of the packaging they come in I just lined up the top of that white foam to ridge on the door. They came off pretty easy just hit them with a heat gun for a few seconds (it's been very cold here) then fishing lined behind them they came right off hit it with the wheel cleaned with alcohol made sure it was dry then lined them up and stuck them on. 

Awesome! Really appreciate the help i've been trying to find these since they announced it on the carbon pro and GM has been useless..

2 minutes ago, Libertas said:

This was my question too.  When I googled the part #'s, it showed a parts diagram for the 84680479 as being for the tailgate.  So I assume that the 84680478 is for the door badge (this part number doesn't show any diagrams or images), but wanted to make sure.  I assumed I would need to order 2 of those and one for the tailgate.  Would like to be certain before I order, because GM parts states it is special order, so if I needed to do returns, I would be looking at a 35% restocking fee in addition to shipping charges.

Dick confirmed in an above post that #478 was for the door(s) and #479 was for the tailgate. He installed them both. I just placed my order earlier today and the parts guy looked on the parts breakdown and confirmed it for me as well

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Libertas said:

ETA: I see this has been answered.  Thanks to the OP for the info!

Did you find the tailgate part number online?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bdup said:

Did you find the tailgate part number online?

Yes.  Gm Parts Direct has it.  I ordered all 3 badges and the 2 exhaust tips.. $297.56 shipped.   I don't have any local dealership connections anymore to get hooked up on employee or trade pricing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 10:56 PM, Dick Messerly said:

After the 4 coats it peels really easy I just use a toothpick to get it started in those smaller areas in the G. The shitty part was razor blading in between where the black and red are it's not perfect but looks really good until you get right up on it and really have to look for the imperfections. I'll get some close up photos tomorrow and some close ups of the AT4 badges they are actually painted in a metallic paint. I'm guessing it's the same paint as the new carbon black color they are doing in the Sierras and Yukons. 

20200129_172401.jpg

Just curious did you do the front emblem as well or are you planning on going the illuminated route??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chrisd534 said:

Just curious did you do the front emblem as well or are you planning on going the illuminated route??

Yeah I think im going to go illuminated. I'm not positive it will work its not a option in the 2019 accessories page. I know they are the same emblem but talking with my parts manager it may not have the right wiring harness but we just aren't sure until it shows up. I was planning on taking off the front emblem and plastidiping it but we got about a foot of snow and a cold snap down in the teens. I'll probably get it done here in a few days. 

Edited by Dick Messerly