STeering wheel upgrade

I will be attempting this soon..

I will keep you posted. But i have a 2500hd.. things I know for me thus far: 

Have to change the clock spring, will have to find power for the heated wheel switch. Things i don't know: will the newer clock spring plug in to my harness under the dash, will the controls work as my old controls do., first I am going to plug in the new wheel and see how the controls react with out changing the clock spring.

Edited by Landonnin1

Today 8-Feb-2020 I managed to pull my existing wheel and checked to see if the 2016 wheel would fit... and it does.

As of right now the plug that connects to the clock spring  is different , pulled wiring diagrams and pin out is also different.

while looking at the wiring it looks promising. one thing I am wondering is there is a 12-Volt Reference

on the 13 style it is (E) pk/bk wire and the 16 style (5) white. I am wondering what it is for, Any one know why? I am wondering if it is ignition on wire but I have not tested this yet.  Had the wonderful opportunity of changing my fuel filling line because some decided to cut it so they could steal the fuel out of my just filled up tank. I am going run some jumper wires and test a few things out tomorrow hopefully. 

Edited by Landonnin1

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...