Anyone return their GM rev hard folding tonneau cover?

Doesn’t allow full use of bed though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This cover looks identical to the Weathertech and RealTruck actually shows how to install it. Start at 3:08 and you'll see that the cover latches right to the up front and can be easily removed when you need the whole bed. And it looks thin enough when folded that it'd probably fit in the bed with whatever you're moving, too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

Over the years, I have had 3 FOLD-A-COVERS that never leaked. I decided to try the Bak because of the ability to fold it all the way forward. I returned the first 2 and the 3rd one leaks as well, all at the same hinge point over the wheel wells. My next purchase will be a leak proof Fold-A-Cover.

I made the below post on a different thread. They are ordering me a new one and frankly since it was on full rebate I may just sell it...or throw it out and go with one that sits on the rails...

After waiting over a month on the Rev cover, I had it installed at the dealer today. It ended coming right off.

As OP said the fit and finish on these are HORRIBLE. I'm glad I have it the once over before leaving because the tailgate didn't even meet up with the end of the cover. OK, lets just shimmy it back. Check the front...gaps galore...seemingly missing rubber? In the front, the flap doesn't sit flush in the corners and in the back, its not flush and there seems to be more rubber missing there. They are giving me all sorts of issues because I used the $1000 Truck Month incentive to order this, so they don't know how to "return" it. I'm not sure if I want to wait however long since they are still on backorder. The Bakflip MX4 looks great with the reinforced caps at the corners...

image.png.100123b75625c1f842ff7028d819055b.pngimage.png.6ad6a49842646844995429eadd2f7653.png

image.png.befcf6fbd10df86b4a99d2e63bec66e7.pngimage.png.85334c991fe9b2130f8ab87d230e9322.png

• 2 years later...
9 minutes ago, Joe Sims said:

I definitely wish I had. Within 6 months the felt roller covers on the inside started to detach. A year and a half in, the foam seal along the tailgate detached. 
I didn’t care too much about those 2 things, but now the canvas itself is detaching causing the slats to come loose. It is borderline unuseable, I just drive with it rolled up until I’ve saved enough to replace it with a trifold cover. 
very disappointed in this product. 

Doesn't sound like you have the REV hard folding cover to me.... 

Plus.... This is a really old thread that hasn't been active in over 2 years.... 

Edited by Jus Cruisin

On 12/17/2020 at 4:17 PM, Unique_NY said:

I made the below post on a different thread. They are ordering me a new one and frankly since it was on full rebate I may just sell it...or throw it out and go with one that sits on the rails...

After waiting over a month on the Rev cover, I had it installed at the dealer today. It ended coming right off.

As OP said the fit and finish on these are HORRIBLE. I'm glad I have it the once over before leaving because the tailgate didn't even meet up with the end of the cover. OK, lets just shimmy it back. Check the front...gaps galore...seemingly missing rubber? In the front, the flap doesn't sit flush in the corners and in the back, its not flush and there seems to be more rubber missing there. They are giving me all sorts of issues because I used the $1000 Truck Month incentive to order this, so they don't know how to "return" it. I'm not sure if I want to wait however long since they are still on backorder. The Bakflip MX4 looks great with the reinforced caps at the corners...

Was the cover installed at the dealership?  Tell the dealer to call the Truck Hero GM hotline to get it warrantied. 

Also.  Rev = Bak.  Rev is the private label branding for Bak Industries.  Private label being covers made for the OEMs.  Truck Hero was now re-branded to RealTruck.  They make almost every tonneau known to man.  Bak, Extang, Retrax, Roll-N-Lock, Tonno Pro, Truxedo and Undercover.  

Our Brands | RealTruck all their brands.  

Edited by newdude

On 8/18/2023 at 9:31 AM, newdude said:

Was the cover installed at the dealership?  Tell the dealer to call the Truck Hero GM hotline to get it warrantied. 

Also.  Rev = Bak.  Rev is the private label branding for Bak Industries.  Private label being covers made for the OEMs.  Truck Hero was now re-branded to RealTruck.  They make almost every tonneau known to man.  Bak, Extang, Retrax, Roll-N-Lock, Tonno Pro, Truxedo and Undercover.  

Our Brands | RealTruck all their brands.  

The member you quoted disappeared over 2 years ago.... 

I have the GM REV cover on my 2021 Sierra. It was dealer installed at new vehicle purchase. The only time I find leaks is when I go through a touch-less car wash and then its around the tailgate areas where side gaps exist.  In the winter a small amount of snow gets sucked in around the tailgate.  If you want a waterproof cargo area than you need to look at a Tahoe/Yukon.