Anyone return their GM rev hard folding tonneau cover?

I'm about 2 seconds away from returning this thing. I installed it myself and noticed leaks from all 4 corners. Brought it into the dealership and they reinstalled in incase I didnt do it correctly, which I've always put my own on and never had issues like this, however I had the old GM hard fold that sat on top of the bed

We finally had a heavy rain today to test it and this to me seems unacceptable. I've only had the cover for 4 weeks now.

I have the leer hf350m tonneau cover in my garage waiting to be returned but now I'm wondering if I should just return the GM one.

9606127da5c5dcb28ae93bb40fc8702f.jpg7d32afcccf3626ff67f240f6411718ed.jpg54e894819040eee3103740ea794b7ab4.jpg93cb8b881aa8631e01fb24bc7ee83e16.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

It’s rare for any folding cover to be completely leak proof, but yours seems pretty excessive to me. I have a LoMax and get just very slight leaks at the front corners. Again it’s very minor. If staying dry is important to you, I’d return it and look for another cover.

Hate to see it!!  One thing to keep in mind, no company that sells Tonneaus is going to guarantee no leaks.  

With the right amount of time, patience, and sealant you can get it there.  I have the MX4 (Bak version of yours) and it took time and tinkering to get it to where I have 99% coverage.   

4 tips:

get rid of the weather stripping they give.  It sucks.  Find something thinner and wider for the front.  

chop down / cut the drain tubes up front for the rails.  This helps and allow proper drainage for leak into the rails. 

wait until it’s sunny, crawl in the back with the cover on and close the gate.  Look for light.  If it’s at the rear, loosen up front and adjust the cover, If it’s not on a functioning joint - put some silicone on it

make sure the “flaps” on the side are flat and straight.   I had bad leaks from the side and noticed that the flaps were getting folded under. I rarely fully unfold the cover so just checking this when I close it again is easy enough. 

there is a ton of hate for the MX4 and it’s GM counterpart.  To each their own.  I’ve found it as great quality with great features (the full fold up

is a lifesaver), but it took me some TLC to make it that way. 

good luck!!

If you want complete dryness, get a cap. Never seen a tonneau of any variety 100% keep out rain.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

I agree no cover is 100% waterproof however I feel like this is excessive maybe I'm wrong. My gm hard cover I had in my 17 denali never leaked as much as this. Although that cover was not flush and sat above the rails.

This cover has some big gaps at the front 2 corners

Hate to see it!!  One thing to keep in mind, no company that sells Tonneaus is going to guarantee no leaks.  

With the right amount of time, patience, and sealant you can get it there.  I have the MX4 (Bak version of yours) and it took time and tinkering to get it to where I have 99% coverage.   

4 tips:

get rid of the weather stripping they give.  It sucks.  Find something thinner and wider for the front.  

chop down / cut the drain tubes up front for the rails.  This helps and allow proper drainage for leak into the rails. 

wait until it’s sunny, crawl in the back with the cover on and close the gate.  Look for light.  If it’s at the rear, loosen up front and adjust the cover, If it’s not on a functioning joint - put some silicone on it

make sure the “flaps” on the side are flat and straight.   I had bad leaks from the side and noticed that the flaps were getting folded under. I rarely fully unfold the cover so just checking this when I close it again is easy enough. 

there is a ton of hate for the MX4 and it’s GM counterpart.  To each their own.  I’ve found it as great quality with great features (the full fold up
is a lifesaver), but it took me some TLC to make it that way. 

good luck!!
Yeah I got rid the the bulkhead strip that came with it. I actually have no seal on that right now and I'm getting minimal leaking from there. It's up and down the rails and corners.

I have the GM rev. The panel fills with water and leaks through the screw holes the hold the teather straps on. If tried different gaskets, silicone sealant, etc. I deeply regret my purchase. It has its strengths for sure but overall it's low profile design is not enough to outweigh the leaksd5e69e1f9c2daedbf6f8663605d7e65d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Anyone think this one would be better? It's the leer hf350m. Not as low profile but it sits on the bed instead of in rails 33ff0b264f1a2f2888c7d88620bba065.jpg

In my opinion, anything that sits on top of bed is superior for water leaking. Then you only have to fight water around the edge and not all the water that gets inside from the flush mount with a gutter system. Also my Cabela's yeti type cooler fits with a 1/4 inch to spare under the rev cover. That extra couple inches that a sit on top cover gives you could be huge

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the design has changed over time. I had my cover installed at the dealer when I purchased the truck a year ago and it has never leaked. There was a recall on the tonneau earlier this year, so I took it off temporarily until resolved, the weather stripping looked superior to the Bak I had on the last truck.

Anyone think this one would be better? It's the leer hf350m. Not as low profile but it sits on the bed instead of in rails 33ff0b264f1a2f2888c7d88620bba065.jpg

I just ordered a Leer in preparation for a road trip this summer, where rain is to be expected at any moment here in FL.

I don't need it watertight, just enough to keep it from getting drenched.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Never had a drop of water in my diamondback! The other plus for me is the security of it. No coat hanger is going to open this one. Even a crowbar would take a long time. The rugged looks and cost are not for everyone I understand.However for what I haul security and dry are the most important things.

D394C299-2DA0-4077-95D2-57A252A729E7.jpeg