Tires/Leveling Opinions Wanted

I got an LTZ Z71 with the factory 20s, and I’m looking into leveling kit and tires. I’m trying to keep it pretty simple. Currently with everything stock, the front fender is about 37 7/8” and rear is about 39”. I really like the idea of staying with a lighter, non-LT load index for the tires. I’m leaning towards 1a, but that feels a little boring though...Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Any other opinions are also appreciated too! Thanks! 

My ideas/options are...

1. Get a 1” front level with...

a. 275/60r20 (stock size) ridge grapplers (non-LT load)

b. 275/65r20 Terra grapplers (non-LT load)

c. 285/60r20 ridge grappler (LT load)

2. Get a 2” front level and 1” rear level with...

a. 275/65r20 Terra grapplers (Non-LT load)

b. 275/65r20 ridge grappler (LT load)

c. 285/60r20 ridge grappler (LT load)
    d. 295/60r20 ridge grappler (LT load)

Edit: Also I’d love to see any examples with similar setups.

Edited by ausomecasey

I don't think it will really matter what spacer you use, at any given height they all look same....i.e. 1 inch or 2inch is still just that regardless of brand....

I actually don't mind a touch of rake

1in is kind of waste imo, barely noticeable,  would be easier on suspension a tad....but everyone has to decide what they want, why, and how you use vehicle.... I will do 2.5 in front and 1.5 in rear with coilovers and new rear shocks, more expensive but better overall....plus I don't like the way truck rides stock.....even with coilovers it will look same as any other kit with same height, just better ride, ability,  longevity and rebuildable....

lot of 1inch and levels end up getting torn out to go bigger later on ive noticed tho

19 hours ago, Dunn said:

I don't think it will really matter what spacer you use, at any given height they all look same....i.e. 1 inch or 2inch is still just that regardless of brand....

I actually don't mind a touch of rake

1in is kind of waste imo, barely noticeable,  would be easier on suspension a tad....but everyone has to decide what they want, why, and how you use vehicle.... I will do 2.5 in front and 1.5 in rear with coilovers and new rear shocks, more expensive but better overall....plus I don't like the way truck rides stock.....even with coilovers it will look same as any other kit with same height, just better ride, ability,  longevity and rebuildable....

lot of 1inch and levels end up getting torn out to go bigger later on ive noticed tho

After you mentioned coilover kits, I started looking at some. The Icon sets a pretty nice, and you get a lot of flexibility with the height. Thanks!

I lifted the nose 2" with a Supreme Suspension kit off Amazon,$49 and a few hours.You remove the tires and wheels, unbolt the upper ball joints, unbolt the sway bar link and the strut will drop to bolt in the spacers.Easy.Afterwards you will need a wheel alignment.The Trail Boss Z71 uses a 275/65/18 factory mud terrain and you can view it and judge for yourself.Tire websites can give you the overall tire specs.

Edited by JC610
Type o

The Supreme Suspension spacers are the horse shoe type that bolt under the strut.I have done a few and no issues with stability and off roading.I prefer the aluminium ones but I have used the nylon ones too.The upper type spacers are much more labor intensive as the struts have to be removed to install the spacers or at least unbolt and push out of the way.Most of the off road manufacturers make these lower spacers.The truck I recently did was a 2019 Silverado LT 4X4 double cab.

The upper ball joints have a fixed stud and nut.Just loosen the nut and it will drop down to allow for room to slide in the spacers.The install is easy.