Denalix's 2014 Sierra 1500 built 7.0 turbo build

DenaliX14

Okay, after 11 months of agonizing mishaps, set backs and over all triumph, I figured it was time to immortalize my truck in a new post. 

Please welcome my 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 7.0 (427) Turbo Build!

IMG_4122.thumb.JPG.b8b19bff2c772780229daa761638255d.JPG

Block:

Texas Speed and Performance Darton sleeved boost ready block;

7.0L (427). 

TSP Forged wet sump crankshaft 4.0" stroke

6.125 Boost specific billet I-Beam Rods

CP 4.125 -12cc Dish Pistons w/upgraded wrist pins.

Clevite main bearings

Clevite rod bearings

ARP Main stud kit

Cylinder Heads/ Intake

Precision Race Components ported Cylinder Heads w/ valve job

PAC spring/ Valve Kit. 

Comp Cams rocker arms/trunion 

Texas Speed & Performance SV Camshaft +30% fuel lobe

TSP AFM delete kit

Lingenfelter ported 95mm throttle body

Ported L86 intake manifold. 

All ARP bolts or studs. 

Fuel:

GM ZR1 high volume fuel injectors 

GM ZR1 fuel pump (high side)

Armageddon 465 LPH in tank fuel pump (low side)

Snow Performance Stage 3 Meth Kit with controller and braided lines. 

Turbo:

Borg Warner S480 T6 Turbo 1.32 AR billet 110/96mm.  

Turbo smart 50mm BOV

Turbo Smart 60mm waste gate

Pro Boost controller 

fully titanium wrapped exhaust

Cooling/Oil separators 

Mishimoto fully aluminum Radiator 

Mishimoto R-Line Intercooler 31x 12x 4”

Mishimoto HD Trans Cooler

2X Mishimoto Black Aluminum catch cans. 

Mishimoto 180 degree thermostat. 

Transmission/driveline:

Circle D pro 3 torque converter 2700 stall. 

Custom 5" 6061 aluminum driveshaft rated for 1,200hp 7,300trq

MORE to come. I need to get the final tune with the new block. Still runs very well on the old 6.2 tune however, going up to 7.0 adds a layer of goofy on vacuum or under boost.. 

Next steps Get the PATC Stage 4 transmission kit stuffed into my 6L80E and retune to 900+ whp! Hoping to have that underway around March!

Let me know what you all think. Ask any question. I'm open to where I purchased parts, cost of build etc. especially my opinion getting into a build like this. 

Edited by DenaliX14
  • Like 4

Love your truck, looks like a pretty well thought out build. I'm getting ready to install an Armageddon kit on my 2016 5.3, and then eventually build a 6.2 or have a 7.0 built. I can't wait to hear your thoughts once the tune is done and you have a few miles on it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Went ahead and got some new badges. Took me a few months to land on these. I know displaying engine size can be *insert comment here* but I wanted to show off a little bit. 

Also, I know it appears like then Kodiak is crooked, I'm in an awkward position against a wall. I'll have to take a better picture tomorrow when it's light out. 

IMG_4163.thumb.JPG.58e727ea51b452ded9fc4592b9a6b0a5.JPGIMG_4162.thumb.JPG.4eb9fa2e099c63ae643bf7f3ec1a8075.JPGIMG_4160.thumb.JPG.1ccff5ca7aa4812b92c02fc6e32ea678.JPG

What do you think?

I love this.  So much for the "sleeper" idea with that hockey jersey sized 7-0 ?????? .  But damn right people better know what they're dealing for what you put in to this!  I'd do the exact same.

Let's run em this Summer.  In NH... because, well, your State Troopers are dicks about this sorta thing.  Or we've got the Epping drag strip. 

4 hours ago, ShortyMatt said:

I love this.  So much for the "sleeper" idea with that hockey jersey sized 7-0 ?????? .  But damn right people better know what they're dealing for what you put in to this!  I'd do the exact same.

Let's run em this Summer.  In NH... because, well, your State Troopers are dicks about this sorta thing.  Or we've got the Epping drag strip. 

100% Sending it to Alex in a couple weeks for final tweaking. Trying to find a shop to build the 6L80E for me. Needs to hold 900+

Here are a couple of quick Videos. A warm start, some driving and a boost gauge video. Once I get the final tuning and tweaking done I will start some more comprehensive videos. Launching, racing etc. 

Warm Start:

Boost Gauge and turbo spooling:

Short Driving video:

• Like 1

@Denali34 thank you!

@kenny_r I hear that. I was hesitant to badge it. I was on the fence for two paths. De-badge or get something unique. 

The GMC Kodiak is a unique truck trim and not many people swap into a bigger engine. (That I’m aware of). I figured I’d go the unique badging way. 

I am considering getting all new badges so they’re uniform. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

So finally got my truck back. Not going to get into the specifics of what's been going on. There are TWO videos on my truck at the following link.  I'm focusing on the final dyno video (for now final Dyno, more to come :) ). Feel free to watch the other {8 minute long one} Ted gives really good advice.

FYI** The transmission is not supper happy with the amount of HP/TQ going through it. I will be going back to these guys for a rebuild that can handle the upcoming power goals. Also, in a year or so I will need to rip everything out of the truck since the design isn't optimal, practical or built to last. It was built for a paycheck. That being said.....THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!! .................now.

If the link doesn't work here is the url. facebook.com/jannettyracing/videos/491169901779184/

At the end of the day we ended up at 747 whp and 721 tq.

When I bring it back we're going to shoot for 1000+. 

PM if you want more info. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/7/2021 at 5:15 PM, kenny_r said:

Damn....bummer. Not sure of the circumstances but I’d imagine that kind of power in snow could be sketchy.

Was caught in a nor’easter. 8” of snow on top of ice was not helpful, even in 4 wheel. Truck slid sideways down a hill and I couldn’t get it to turn the corner. Slid right into trees. I was only going approximately 40 mph. 
trying to buy it back. Waiting on title.