2019 Silverado High Country Issues

Yeah, think there’s probably a more innocent explanation for most of the stuff. Being the top shelf High Country and having only 500 miles, it’s not striking me as a loaner. More likely dealer trade, or the boss drove it home for the weekend, or they took it to the state fair or some other festival as a show truck or parade truck, if the dealer was a sponsor (happens here every year).

Oil life monitor could be a glitch or just not reset when the truck was built. No way you’re dropping the oil life % to zero in 500 miles. I don’t care how hard it was beaten on. It’s not possible. And the extended idle time theory goes out the window when the truck shuts itself off after what, 30 minutes?

No need to freak the guy out with improbable scenarios of what happened to his truck before he bought it.

Not that any these issues are acceptable, but they also aren’t the end of the world if the dealer resolves them correctly.

• Like 1

My nearest dealer has a 2020 LTZ 6.2 that was spec'ed just how I wanted.  Problem is, it has 1600 miles on it because the dealership owner slapped a dealer tag on it and drives it as "his" everyday vehicle.  They are selling it as new with no discount or consideration given for the fact that it is "used".  I walked on that one and got my 2019 for a MUCH better deal from a dealer 250 miles away who drove it to my house.

• Like 1

My nearest dealer has a 2020 LTZ 6.2 that was spec'ed just how I wanted.  Problem is, it has 1600 miles on it because the dealership owner slapped a dealer tag on it and drives it as "his" everyday vehicle.  They are selling it as new with no discount or consideration given for the fact that it is "used".  I walked on that one and got my 2019 for a MUCH better deal from a dealer 250 miles away who drove it to my house.

They can sell it as new because it was never titled. Now selling it at full price is ludacris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• txab changed the title to 2019 Silverado High Country Issues

so sorry you had to go thru this and yeah I would be livid if this happened to me..

my truck was filthy when I went out with salesman to inspect it, they had sold sign hanging from rearview mirror and parked right in front of door for me to take delivery....I looked at him and said " are you gonna clean it, its filthy", he said "oh, uh yeah I get a service guy to take it in back and detail it"....i did my whole deal thru email and text so when i went to pick it up it was first time seeing the truck, dealership and salesman actually

I get why people say to be polite and professional while going thru an issue like poster has but sometimes they will take you as "soft"....I would be polite right up until i feel disrespected or not treated like someone should be after spending 61k...than everyone in dealership will know exactly how i feel.....i don't think they want an angry customer back to dealer over and over exhibiting their frustration in front of new customers...not good

i am no bad ass but do have bit of temper, i would definetly side with poster above mine and lean towards that route......give me another "new" truck and you can have this pile back, lol....and would do everything in my power to make that happen and am sure its possible....

hopefully you do get a new truck, you totally deserve another vehicle, and you've given them plenty of business that you didn't have too...they should be doing everything in your favor

On 12/29/2019 at 7:43 AM, lapoolboy said:

but if you walked into that very same dealer with same truck and same miles to sell it they would be telling you all negatives and how it has 1600 miles on it, lol

• Like 1