Engine Oil brand

16 minutes ago, Jglew82 said:

I hear that, man. That link was intended more for everyone else on here bickering back and forth, like it’ll do any good emoji23.png.

I think sublimely they do it for the amusement/enjoyment of the other members.

At times it just becomes a big Seinfeld episode, and ends up with Kramer insulting everyone and getting kicked off of the site.....

Wow, just realized this was page 13, OP just wanted to know a good brand of oil and when to change it, think I stopped reading after page 2?

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunn said:

did my first oil change on my new truck after jiffy lube quoted me $130.....and will be doing the rest from now on.....very simple to do....costs me $30, buy oil in bulk.....

Make your oil changes even easier by installing a Fumoto oil drain valve.  Get one with a nipple and use an 18" piece of clear 3/8 ID vinyl tubing.  My enclosed oil pan has a hole for the tubing, so there is absolutely no splatter mess.

• Like 2

Make your oil changes even easier by installing a Fumoto oil drain valve.  Get one with a nipple and use an 18" piece of clear 3/8 ID vinyl tubing.  My enclosed oil pan has a hole for the tubing, so there is absolutely no splatter mess.

+1 on the Fumoto. Been using them for years and all of our fleet vehicles up at work have them. Zero issues.
  • Like 1

Would you happen to have any info on the model etc?

Sent from Above

Thank you for the tubing info! I'm waiting for my Fumoto to arrive this week and wanted to adapt a tube for the oil changes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

So it's just a valve you open or close?.....attach a hose open valve and oil drains?.....if so, any chance of that valve getting knocked open or opening up cuz that would be really bad, lol

Am sure you already thought of it but have to ask

Would you happen to have any info on the model etc?  

Sent from Above

I ordered mine from these people. This is the model with the long nipple. Good price and they shipped it out the same day. Here is the exact link: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FUMOTO-F107N-Oil-Drain-Valve-w-Safety-Clip/223503095747?pageci=5764e5fe-2e87-478d-8bcc-deff1fdf59af&epid=1417839989

So it's just a valve you open or close?.....attach a hose open valve and oil drains?.....if so, any chance of that valve getting knocked open or opening up cuz that would be really bad, lol  

Am sure you already thought of it but have to ask

It's got a safety on it. Apparently these things have been around forever. I just found out about it last week. I'll be installing it with my first oil change. And yes it's a lever and you drain. And it's got a nipple where you can attach a drain tube. Check out the eBay link I posted above of where I bought it!

It's got a safety on it. Apparently these things have been around forever. I just found out about it last week. I'll be installing it with my first oil change. And yes it's a lever and you drain. And it's got a nipple where you can attach a drain tube. Check out the eBay link I posted above of where I bought it!Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Looks like, based on the picture,, it’s going to hang down which may turn out to be an issue. I’ll check it out on your truck

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

Looks like, based on the picture,, it’s going to hang down which may turn out to be an issue. I’ll check it out on your truck

Sent from Above
They also have a model with no nipple and another with a medium nipple. At least for me with the truck lift it won't be an issue. I'll never off road anything that will reach up that high. You can see the differences on their website:
https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com

They also have a model with no nipple and another with a medium nipple. At least for me with the truck lift it won't be an issue. I'll never off road anything that will reach up that high. You can see the differences on their website:
https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com

For me, driving out in areas with lots of tall grass and tree stumps, already whacked my rear Diff cover, love my G2 Diff cover

4167d4f036d2633d71d8880e94206093.jpg16ced79ac9248daacc89d7ef5569aa3c.jpg9a34f3c47d9fe257a3b727ef16eeed58.jpg

Sent from Above

For me, driving out in areas with lots of tall grass and tree stumps, already whacked my rear Diff cover, love my G2 Diff cover

4167d4f036d2633d71d8880e94206093.jpg16ced79ac9248daacc89d7ef5569aa3c.jpg9a34f3c47d9fe257a3b727ef16eeed58.jpg

Sent from Above
Very cool man. Stop showing me stuff!!!
Lol!!

• Like 1