Engine Oil brand

T6 has also has great results in gas vehicles.  Turbo Subaru's are one example.  

Not based on the test results I’ve found but hey, if it works for you then run with it buddy.

Discussions on oil can get a bit opinionated, best to get the best you can afford along with best oil filter. To be honest, sometimes I get a bit sick of forums especially since two of my best friends own large GM dealerships and another is the GM at a large nationwide offroad shop and always asking why I waste my time on these forums, lol. I guess I’m searching for the next best thing as in products and somehow get sucked into dead ends lol.

Sent from Above

We love our T4 in old cars and outdoor power equipment. Tough, tons of zinc, and cheap as can be.

Generally speaking Shell makes a quality product. Running the new Rotella Gas Truck in my wife’s car as we speak. I was given a free jug, it was not the right viscosity for my truck so into the Kia it went with a Fram Ultra filter. Oh the humanity!!!

12 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Not based on the test results I’ve found but hey, if it works for you then run with it buddy.

Discussions on oil can get a bit opinionated, best to get the best you can afford along with best oil filter. To be honest, sometimes I get a bit sick of forums especially since two of my best friends own large GM dealerships and another is the GM at a large nationwide offroad shop and always asking why I waste my time on these forums, lol. I guess I’m searching for the next best thing as in products and somehow get sucked into dead ends lol.

Sent from Above

Guess you better head on over to a Subaru forum and search "oil."  Not impressed with who you claim to know.   Sincerely hope this doesn't offend you too much.  

• Like 2

Guess you better head on over to a Subaru forum and search "oil."  Not impressed with who you claim to know.   Sincerely hope this doesn't offend you too much.  

Not at all, I sleep excellent throughout my nights except past couple nights from an overseas trip, jet lag lol.

Ok, enjoy, have an excellent Christmas [emoji319]

Sent from Above

7 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Me too, every two years but even for me, I’ve finally fallen for my current truck, payed it off because I’ve decided to keep it. That being said, even though a good friend of mind owns the dealership, both he and I change our own oil which to me, that says a lot.

It just says you have the right tools for the right job and like doing stuff yourself.  No worries!!  Congrats on paying your truck off!  There is nothing more enjoyable then a paid for vehicle and house and being DEBT FREE!! 

• Like 1

It just says you have the right tools for the right job and like doing stuff yourself.  No worries!!  Congrats on paying your truck off!  There is nothing more enjoyable then a paid for vehicle and house and being DEBT FREE!! 

Agreed!

Sent from Above

did my first oil change on my new truck after jiffy lube quoted me $130.....and will be doing the rest from now on.....very simple to do....costs me $30, buy oil in bulk.....

• Like 1

did my first oil change on my new truck after jiffy lube quoted me $130.....and will be doing the rest from now on.....very simple to do....costs me $30, buy oil in bulk.....

Good lord! Why go to jiffy lube, that’s a trash company. They were on the news some time back for ripping people off. What did they quote $130 for?

Sent from Above

8 qts dexos synthetic, and all kinds of disposl fees California charges....like $120 and change....California sucks.....all those rapid lube places rip people off

remember my first oil change on my Toyota and dude tells me I need this and that, " I said wtf dude its brand new truck with 4k miles on it, fuk off, just change oil"

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

am sure any other place will sill be $100 easy.....did my Toyota awhile back it was $80 and only takes 5 qts and non synthetic, lol

will buy 5 gal buckets of oil and bulk packs of oil filters and do it myself.....I build houses for a living I can surely change my own oil, lol

Edited by Dunn

11 hours ago, Jglew82 said:

This thread should have ended after this comment, lol. Also if you want a very long read on oil testing, check out https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/

Thanks for the compliment, will pass on the long read, do enough of that on the site here.....

Thanks for the compliment, will pass on the long read, do enough of that on the site here.....

I hear that, man. That link was intended more for everyone else on here bickering back and forth, like it’ll do any good [emoji23].