Upfitter switches

I also opted for the Upfitter switches in my 2500 build, waiting for the truck to be delivered to the dealership.   Dealer claims the UF switch has to be installed by me.   No big deal, but it should have been factory installed.   

Edited by Anthony Greco

16 hours ago, Roadrunner45 said:

I have the upfitter switches included in my 3500 build should be taking delivery of it in the next few days if no one else posts I'll be sure to take a photo or two and send them to this thread.

Steve, Thanks I would appreciate it.

13 hours ago, Kevin Monaghan said:

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/1314/UI Bulletin 153_wip.pdf

Mine came loose in the truck, install is customer/ upfitter responsibility. looks like a big job.

Kevin, I was wondering about that. Every photo I have looked at that had that option was installed did not have it in the photo. I figured if the factory didn’t put it in the dealer would install them.

20 minutes ago, Kevin Monaghan said:

Working on it now, instructions are incomplete. Trying to remove the top of the full console.

Kevin, I was under the impression that the switches went to the left of the steering wheel. (see the eBay link below)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264542468153?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

47 minutes ago, Kevin Monaghan said:

Yes, correct. If you dig into the upfitter link above, it shows “some” of the steps. Everything around the lower trim knee bolster comes off including the radio. Why couldn’t GM install this at the factory!!

That is ridiculous. It's $150 for the switches ordered from the factory on top of the 50 - 70k+ we pay for the trucks. You would think someone besides us would install them after spending that much money.

• Like 2

Just finished the install, took about 9 hours going slow and figuring how it all comes apart. Mine was missing the red hardware bag and the battery stud kit  (bulletin#147) https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/1143/UI Bulletin_147 Snow Plow power provisions_V2b.pdf  Probably when the dealer took it out of the back seat pre- delivery thinking it was left in there by mistake during assembly.