When did you do your first oil change?

23 hours ago, NeverCold said:

I did mine at 5000 miles, and will probably do every 5k. 

same here, always went 5k even whenall the rage was to change every 3k yrs ago....never had an issue with oil related failure on any vehicle

in fact even on my 19 Silverado after 5k oil ddidnt look all that bad

Edited by Dunn

on brand new motor not such a big deal.....pretty sure they run these motors breaking them in b4 they hit dealers, they do on motorcycles.....will say I did not pull 8 qts out when I did my oil tho, GM skimped on amt of oil from factory, better to have little less than too much tho….I pulled 6-6 1/2 qts out of mine

don't think brand matters much as long as you change it.........jiffy lube wanted $120-130 to change mine....so ill be doing my oil from now on, lol....start buying 5 gal containers at wal mart

Edited by Dunn

Just did mine at 1250 miles,  they gave me a free oil change with the purchase, so I figured why not.   Might be kind of old school but it can’t hurt.  
loving the 6.2 and the 10spd.  sounds good, feels strong. 

• Like 2

On my 14 5.3 I peeled out of the dealer lot with 100 miles on it and didn't change the oil until it was over 7k miles.   Beat the pants off of it for 100k miles and just traded it in for my SLT 6.2 back in June.   I don't think changing break-in oil is much of a thing anymore.  I have always ran Amsoil SS even though I bet cheaper oil could have produced similar results.  Bottom line:  Check your oil level!  All DI engines burn oil even if some guy says he ran for 12k miles and didn't burn a drop.  Secondly, change your oil at some reasonable interval (Not 3k miles and not 30k miles.)  Lastly I would say just use some reasonable quality oil.   That being said, I changed the oil in the new truck at 1100 miles.  I hope your are genuinely confused now.

• Haha 1