How long does it usually take to build a truck before it arrives?

I have a 2018 Silverado lt with 5.3 and the lease is up December of 2020.I want to get a 6.2 in the next truck and heard you can get them in the lower trim levels now.How long does it usually take to order a truck and actually receive it?I have never ordered a vehicle was wondering so it could coincide with me turning mine in or I am wondering how many 6.2 lower trim trucks would be on the dealer lots?I have 2 kids and the wife says a Camaro is not on the option list because we have a little pop up camper we tow but I want as close to the Camaro I can for the next few years when I daily drive lol.The 5.3 has plenty of power but Dad wants a healthy ride lol.

I ordered a basic Denali with 6.6 bed with a couple of options last spring and it took 3 months, it took almost 2 months to get a build date. and delivery about 2 weeks after build date , this was probably considered a special build for a long wheel base for the 6.6 bed crew cab 

23 hours ago, Bigguy214 said:

I have a 2018 Silverado lt with 5.3 and the lease is up December of 2020.I want to get a 6.2 in the next truck and heard you can get them in the lower trim levels now.How long does it usually take to order a truck and actually receive it?I have never ordered a vehicle was wondering so it could coincide with me turning mine in or I am wondering how many 6.2 lower trim trucks would be on the dealer lots?I have 2 kids and the wife says a Camaro is not on the option list because we have a little pop up camper we tow but I want as close to the Camaro I can for the next few years when I daily drive lol.The 5.3 has plenty of power but Dad wants a healthy ride lol.

Over the years I have ordered many or I should say 5 of them, it takes on average 8-10 weeks to get it to the dealer. I have a 17 Silverado I was forced into because of an accident that I leased mine is up in April 2020 and I will be ordering a 2020 RST with the 6.2 and 10 speed transmission I need the extra HP. But back to the ordering like I said in a perfect world 8-10 weeks but I have waited 16 weeks. I am going to order my 2020 the 2nd week of January. I have built this truck on the GM family first site 5 or 6 times for me a $60,000 truck will be the most I have ever spent and will be my last I hope.

Some dealers can't get all the vehicles they would like.  They have to earn allocations.  Also if a option you want is on constrain, you will wait and wait.

DOSP - Dealer Order Submission Process

The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.  (A Constraint is a limit placed on specific build configurations.)

2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the constraints.)

3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealer’s orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. (At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated, if they asked.)

4. Dealer Review - You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent to production control.

Edited by elcamino