Cargo lighting with key fob? And must have accessories for new truck owner?

Hi!  I just picked up my 2019 CCSB Silverado LT last night (Satin Steel Metallic.)  The dealer mentioned you could activate the cargo lighting with the key fob but I can't figure out how and the owner's manual doesn't seem to mention it.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Or is this a feature for a higher trim? Mine has Allstar, Z71 and Convenience Package II.

Bonus question - as a new truck owner, what accessories are must-haves?  I am planning on getting a small cargo net to keep stuff from rolling around, hitch extender (for my kayak) and a ball hitch. 

Thanks!

Brad

We just had a topic on this recently. What I found out is the cargo lights only come on with the key fob when it is dark out. When it is daylight you have to use the button inside the cab to get the cargo lights to come on. Per my email discussion with GM there is no way at this time change it so they also come on in daylight. 

11 hours ago, Ryno12 said:

I really wish GM would put a switch inside the tailgate to operate the bed lights.

This would be nice for those with bed covers.  My ultraflex came with an extra light that goes on the rail, but the bed mounted lights are brighter.

• Like 1

This would be nice for those with bed covers.  My ultraflex came with an extra light that goes on the rail, but the bed mounted lights are brighter.

Yes, totally. It’s always dark under there no matter the time of day, so it’d be nice flip a switch from the back when more light is needed or even have them come on automatically when the tailgate opens, similar to the dome lights when a door is opened.

17 hours ago, 19Sierra said:

We just had a topic on this recently. What I found out is the cargo lights only come on with the key fob when it is dark out. When it is daylight you have to use the button inside the cab to get the cargo lights to come on. Per my email discussion with GM there is no way at this time change it so they also come on in daylight. 

The cargo light located in the third brake light will not come on without the button no matter how dark it is.  

1 hour ago, oldmann said:

The cargo light located in the third brake light will not come on without the button no matter how dark it is.  

Yes you are correct, I should have clarified that I was only referring to the cargo lights in the bed.