2019 Trail Boss Level Kit

I brought my 2019 Trail Boss Custom in to the shop today to get a Flowmaster FlowFX catback and a leveling kit installed.  The exhaust sounds amazing, but they said that the leveling kit was more complicated than they had thought.  Has anyone leveled their Trail Boss yet?  They said they could order the more expensive part and raise the front or take out the rear block.  They suggested larger tires if I raised the front, but they thought the stock tires would fill the fenders better if I lowered the back.  Has anyone done either, have any pics, or any suggestions?  I have the 18" black wheel setup...  Pic doesn't justify the 1.5-2" rake...

20191123_163248.jpg

I have the Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit.  It wasn't the easiest let to install according to the guys at my shop, as the spacer went in the middle of the strut, more or less, so they had to remove the entire strut, compress the springs, etc.... As opposed to a top end spacer that can just be slipped on without removing anything.

Anyway, they got it on, just took a little longer due to extra labor.

20191119_164102.thumb.jpg.62fc0ba6023fee961ef97402635d83da.jpg

Put a tape measure on it the other day, and there was 3/8" of rake still, but you can't tell that by the naked eye.

One thing to keep in mind, if you do level it, as opposed to a larger/higher lift, you'll most likely run into this issue.

20191201_120336.thumb.jpg.31d8a9091e5927479454ec16e7ad1c8a.jpg

20191201_120555.thumb.jpg.c31b7ecffd85a7d8dc5393a17ab618d5.jpg

The stock DuraTracs are getting damn close to the upper control arms/ball joints. As you can see a 12.5" wide tire is really going to be hard pressed to fit, and not rub the stock UCAs.  So if you are planning on going wider in tire size in the future, you'll either have to get new wheels, with a different offset, or spacers.

Think I may add the BORA 3/8" hub centric spacers later this month, to pull the wheel out just a little, and give a little more room... Then when I go up in tire size in the future to something like 34" x 11.5", I'll more or less be back to the same space I'm at now, which is fine.

Edited by Swiftks
  • Like 1