2020 Z71 TrailBoss offered with 6.2L?

I have a 2018 Z71 with small lift kit, some basic intake/exhaust mods and a canned tune, Bilsteins, 33" RidgeGrapplers, etc...  

I am considering giving that to my wife, and trading in her 4Runner on a new 2020 LT TrailBoss with the 6.2L gas motor.  I like the idea of more power, the new body style, it being around 500lbs lighter than my truck, etc...

Question is, how much of a difference does that motor make?  Is it a substantial increase in HP and Torque at the wheel?  How well does the larger 6.2L motor respond to a CAI and catback exhaust, and a tune, etc?  Or does it run great as is and doesn't need a tune to adjust for a lazy throttle and some of the quirks of the smaller 5.3L?

Just looking for feedback from people that have the newer body style model, 4x4 with the 6.2L...  At the very least I would get a Range box and disable the AFM...

The 6.2 has bunches of torque.  It is a blast to drive.  I would like to drive a 5.3 with the 10 speed to compare.  All I can say is that it gets scary when tromping it down when passing.  Much more power than my 2013 5.3 for sure.

Cool.  I will go and test drive one once they show up at my local dealer... I bought my 2018 and got it the way I wanted and two months later they released the info on the 2019 TrailBoss and I was like DAMN IT.  Should have waited.  But just getting the newer body style alone, wasn't worth the hit I would take to upgrade so soon.

But now that my wife wants a truck, I can justify trading in her SUV, giving her my truck and me getting the new 6.2L TrailBoss...  The extra power, and it being almost a quarter ton lighter, should make for a fun drive.  

The 6.2 is a beast of a motor. About the same gas mileage as 5.3. Very close.  Why take a risk with warranty aNd a tune ?an extra 5-10 hp of a tune is not enough to have to worry about GM saying the computer has been modified.  Exhaust and intake and your set. 

Well, one option is to go the Callaway route, through the dealer.  My dad just got a C7 Callaway SC757 and it's a beast.  I see that you can order a 6.2L Silverado in TrailBoss trim, with their Callaway package and roll it in with the financing and warranty and all that...  That could be fun!

On 12/4/2019 at 12:06 PM, SquireSCA said:

Cool.  I will go and test drive one once they show up at my local dealer... I bought my 2018 and got it the way I wanted and two months later they released the info on the 2019 TrailBoss and I was like DAMN IT.  Should have waited.  But just getting the newer body style alone, wasn't worth the hit I would take to upgrade so soon.

But now that my wife wants a truck, I can justify trading in her SUV, giving her my truck and me getting the new 6.2L TrailBoss...  The extra power, and it being almost a quarter ton lighter, should make for a fun drive.  

Dont overlook the GMC AT4.

Pretty sure these all have the 6.2 and the only think I think it needs is  a sprint (Pedal commander) to wake up the throttle response.

Everything else is gravy.