Tire fill alert.

So one of my tires could have used some air. 

I was a little excited to put some air in with the new tire fill notification like the flashing lights and horn honks. 

I proceeded to add air air waiting for the lights and/or honks and I got nothin. 

I tried to read up on it it but the only thing I can come up with is that those indicators only happen when you get a low tire notification in the DIC. 

Is that right? 

How many pounds were you going for?

I put 35 pounds in my 18" which is what it says on the door sticker. But, the horn never honked, nor did any lights come on.

But, alas, I have an LT model

Mayne this is only for LTZ & High Country?

A few months ago, I went to top off my tires, but the service pump at the gas station ended up deflating my front right tire to 20PSI, the first tire that I wanted to top off, was at 30PSI to start.  So my truck and I "limped" home, dug out one of my DC powered tire pumps, and filled all of my tires up to 35PSI (according to the TPMS on the DIC).  As the tire pressure climbed, the mirror turn signal (on that side) flashed at every PSI increase, until about 28-30PSI, no horn. 

Just cause you got the "service tire(s) light," doesn't mean that you'll get the turn signals nor horn, unless it's super low.

7 hours ago, JAshworth03 said:

ive noticed that the TPMS is drastically different than actual.  My actual tire gauge showed me 35psi, the TPMS readout says 33.

Where do you live? Elevation has an affect on the displayed pressure. The sensors measure absolute pressure and the computer doesn't compensate for high elevation. I live at 7000' and mine read 2 to 3 psi low.

Jay

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jay P said:

Where do you live? Elevation has an affect on the displayed pressure. The sensors measure absolute pressure and the computer doesn't compensate for high elevation. I live at 7000' and mine read 2 to 3 psi low.

Jay

That makes sense. I live at anywhere from 3 to 5 thousand feet up and mine are off 1- 2 pounds according to the gauge 

8 hours ago, JAshworth03 said:

ive noticed that the TPMS is drastically different than actual.  My actual tire gauge showed me 35psi, the TPMS readout says 33.

Same with me

Although I think elevation may play a role in that