285/70/18 tires w/ 2” level

Well guys I finally bit the bullet and ordered 285/70/18 nitto ridge grapplers for my 2014 Chevy Silverado with a 2” RC level. I’m here to tell y’all they DO NOT RUB but lord have mercy is it close. I spent countless hours on here asking and researching and just about everyone said they would rub but no one had personal experience to tell me for sure. Glad I didn’t listen. Feel free to share that this size FITS. Hope it saves someone else the time of researching!!!

5BBE4067-7F68-4A3D-A788-5F38EE2345C0.jpeg

3AED1FA2-42E6-4FBC-A8BD-858BD65CF781.jpeg

5922C8BE-1866-4A18-9F3F-45A7846E6960.jpeg

• Like 1

What tire pressure are you running? I got the Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/65/r18 on a 2.25" Level 2016 crew cab short bed silverado ltz and the tire shop filled them up to 35 psi which is what the door said for my stock 285/45/r22 bridgestone duelers. After looking up the load index for those wheels an pressure i got 2337 on the load index and ran it against the chart for the Nittos and did the math out that for my truck i should be running 42.6 psi cold. Had to look up some stuff about how to read the charts so i figured i'd throw this up on here to save somebody the trouble. Everyone has different preferences but for now ill see how they wear with 42 as the baseline.

Also, might want to zip tie that wheel well lining back a little bit in case when the PSI warms the tire up and it builds pressure 2-3 psi. Looks sharp tho.

Edited by 16silvdriver

12 minutes ago, 16silvdriver said:

What tire pressure are you running? I got the Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/65/r18 on a 2.25" Level 2016 crew cab short bed silverado ltz and the tire shop filled them up to 35 psi which is what the door said for my stock 285/45/r22 bridgestone duelers. After looking up the load index for those wheels an pressure i got 2337 on the load index and ran it against the chart for the Nittos and did the math out that for my truck i should be running 42.6 psi cold. Had to look up some stuff about how to read the charts so i figured i'd throw this up on here to save somebody the trouble. Everyone has different preferences but for now ill see how they wear with 42 as the baseline.

Also, might want to zip tie that wheel well lining back a little bit in case when the PSI warms the tire up and it builds pressure 2-3 psi. Looks sharp tho.

Thank you. The tire shop put 40 psi in them.