Tire/Wheel Issue

I just bought a 2019 Silverado RST with the 22 inch black wheels. The tires are good year's (which the chevy website has as the standard ones that come with this wheel). The truck had 12 miles on it from test drives. When i test drove the truck the tire pressures were 32/33. The truck had been at the dealership for about 6 months so I figure that is why the tires were a little low. Once I purchased it I asked them to fill them to 36 psi which is what the door jam sticker recommends for this wheel/tire combo. Within 1 day of having the truck the tire pressure is down to 30,30,30,29. I checked the tires with a manual psi tool, to make sure it wasnt' the trucks PSI reader, and the manual also read down around 30 on each tire.  Its obviously not a whole or tear in tire as all four have the issue. It shouldn't be the valve stem as they are brand new.  The only other thing I am reading online is that air can leak from where the wheel meets the tire. How would this be happening on a brand new truck?? Really gets me mad.

What was the outside temp between the two times you looked at the pressures?

A 10 degree drop in temp can be 1psi or slightly more. I'd fill them back up with them completely cold and watch what they do again.

• Like 1

They filled/checked the tires while they were hot after being driven. You checked them cold the next day. I always tell the shop not to touch my tires when the do oil changes for this reason. Always have to put 3-5 psi back in them. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 12:44 PM, Kjonesy099 said:

It was about 50 one time and 38 the next. Shouldnt have gone from 33/34psi to 30 in all tires because of a 10 degree difference outside.

yes they can and will. outside temp and temp of the tire directly effect the tire pressure. 

check your tire pressure on cold tires. fill to spec. they can change easily 3-4 psi depending on tire temp/outside temp. 

On 11/28/2019 at 1:33 PM, Kjonesy099 said:

I just bought a 2019 Silverado RST with the 22 inch black wheels. The tires are good year's (which the chevy website has as the standard ones that come with this wheel). The truck had 12 miles on it from test drives. When i test drove the truck the tire pressures were 32/33. The truck had been at the dealership for about 6 months so I figure that is why the tires were a little low. Once I purchased it I asked them to fill them to 36 psi which is what the door jam sticker recommends for this wheel/tire combo. Within 1 day of having the truck the tire pressure is down to 30,30,30,29. I checked the tires with a manual psi tool, to make sure it wasnt' the trucks PSI reader, and the manual also read down around 30 on each tire.  Its obviously not a whole or tear in tire as all four have the issue. It shouldn't be the valve stem as they are brand new.  The only other thing I am reading online is that air can leak from where the wheel meets the tire. How would this be happening on a brand new truck?? Really gets me mad.

My '19 RST came with the Maroney sticker $2995 dealer installed 22" wheel option. Truck shipped from the factory with steel transport wheels and tires are to be mounted on the final 22" black alloys and road force balanced by the dealer during prep. Tires on the factory option should be Bridgestone Alenzas, not Goodyears. Mine had 4 miles and mine was the first test drive. Almost 6 months later and tires give a softer ride with no more rear axle hopping.

Had the tires again road force balanced after 1000 miles break-in under warranty at 35 psi.. No real leakage in mine..... near 3000 miles and at the same sitting temperature all 4 still consistent at 34 psi. These decorative alloy wheels do not have a bead at the rim surface and subject to gradual leakage if not installed and sealed properly.