Undercover Ultraflex carpet gets soaked?

So I went with the undercover ultraflex over the MX4 because I heard their customer service was better. Which I will say before going on, it was exceptional.

That said, while the cover functions excellent and installs in 10 minutes, the carpeted underside after long periods of rain does absorb a great deal of moisture. I spoke with undercover, and they actually sent me a full replacement sadly the replacement doesnt need to line up properly on the rails and the tailgate doesn't close or open easily either. So I put the original one back for now. They don't want the original back.

I took out a garden hose with no nozzle on it and hosed down the entire cover for a full 5 minutes all over. No leaks other than some in the bulkhead which I expected. It just runs right to the drains it doesn't effect anything. So I figured the cover is fine...

It rained overnight nothing crazy, cover wet again. The bed itself is dry at the floor level and walls but the carpet on the underside of the cover is like a sponge. It is not the entire carpet, its mostly like 1 foot in on the left side. Originally it was the right side. So I assume it somehow has to do with how I am parked at the time.

Just curious has anyone else experienced this? I really don't want to be the guy calling them a second time complaining for an hour for a replacement if they're just all gonna do this. I am still far better off than I was in my previous truck with no cover but I do regret not getting the MX4 from Bakflip with no carpet instead.