sirius xm

1 hour ago, wahoowad said:

But what about online access? Do they sell that separately? 

Yes they sell it separately. The first year it was 9.99 a month plus tax. after one year they raised it to 18.00. I called and dropped it last week. Have a 2020 on order and it will have xm. A buddy of mine gets his xm for around 5.00 a month for six months. At the end of six months he calls them and cancels. They then give him the 5.00 a month special  for six months just to keep him. Says that's what he does every six months. I'm going to try that when I get my new one.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Method2Madness said:

Nice to know for those that don't have it but, can't see having to fork out $400 for something that should already be there when it was in previous trucks.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Method2Madness said:

That's  a lot li ike a VAIS.

Still, I believe the magnetic antenna will still be attached to a wire......so no go for me.

I'll just continue to stream.

Now, IF the antenna was not attached, I would probably just get the darn thing.

I talked to VAIS, and they said they may have one without the wire connected to antenna day. 

Thank you for posting this though!

Could definitely be a big help to someone!

Edited by MacLaren

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2019 at 11:26 AM, mafd2 said:

Nice to know for those that don't have it but, can't see having to fork out $400 for something that should already be there when it was in previous trucks.

Agreed. Last week I sent this to Chevy, and I am waiting for a reply.

2018-2020 SILVERADO REG CAB COMPARISON.docx

I actually like the Android Auto functionality in my 2020 GMC Sierra Elevation but I clearly see that being an issue for some who don't have unlimited data or don't want to have the phone constantly plugged into a USB cable. Who knows, as time goes on having to plug and unplug the phone constantly may wear on me too. Lucky for me, I do have unlimited data so streaming Sirius/XM through the app is pretty slick and having your choice of navigation...Google Maps or Waze is better than just about ALL built in navigation systems. Again, at a cost of having to have the phone plugged in all the time. 

If I DO get frustrated with XM through the app then I'm grabbing me one of those VAIS Technology XM solutions. My truck has the shark fin antenna on the roof...wondering if the satellite antenna is there to connect to?