Tire Size and type for 22inch OEM Wheels?

I am about to install a 2 inch Rough Country Leveling Kit on my new 2017 Chevy Silverado 6.2L High Country. I have the 22 inch OEM wheels. Looking for a more aggressive all terrain or mud terrain. What type of tires and sizes are you guys running? What's the largest I can fit without scrubbing? Any information would be awesome. 

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191106071134985_COVER.jpg

21123815129.jpg

305/45/22 is common. Nitto makes two different tires in that size. But you will be paying out the ass for larger tires with 22's. We are talking $350 to $400 per tire.

I highly suggest not running a mud tire, pavement queens should not run mud tires.

31 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

305/45/22 is common. Nitto makes two different tires in that size. But you will be paying out the ass for larger tires with 22's. We are talking $350 to $400 per tire.

I highly suggest not running a mud tire, pavement queens should not run mud tires.

Thanks for the information. Any scrubbing with the 305/45/22 tires? Also any reason you would not run a mud tire? I live on a farm and dirt road and will be using the truck for daily driving and work around the house so mud tires or aggressive all terrain is what we normally run.

Noise and ride comfort. You already have 22's with minimal sidewall, going to a straight mud tire would just make it worse. Sticking with a regular passenger truck tire will keep rolling weight down and they are generally a smoother riding tire.

It helps to do some research of tire sizing itself, that will give you a good idea of what you are getting yourself into. This is a pretty popular topic here.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

That calculator shows that the tire is about 1in wider and pretty much turning it from a 32in tire into a 33in tire. Going larger even with a level can cause them to rub. Look at those Nitto tires. The trail grappler and ridge grappler are two different tread patterns, either would be a good on/off road tire.

Edited by CamGTP

I'm in the same boat as you Avery. 305 45 22 is as big as you can go with a 2" level. 

There are a total of 15 different tires this size at Discount tire. Of those 15 I'm only considering the Hankook AT2 Dynapro RF11  because I need a decent tire for snow and that's about it for that size unless you go Nittos for big buck. If you just need an all season there are a few good choices.

Mud tires are too heavy if you ask me. Unless you mud the truck often you don't need them. You would regret getting  22" mud tires IMO.

That truck is too nice to go mudding in anyway.

Get the Hankooks. They are tough enough for farm work.

And pretty good on the hwy .

Edited by dieselfan1