New Recall

Safety recalls must be repaired before they can go back to a customer, parts or no parts. Just the way it is. Tons of manufactures ran into this on new vehicles during the Takata recall.

I’m more worried about the **** on his phone who causes the crash than I am of the seatbelt which may or may not cause a carpet fire.

• Like 1

Thanks to this forum I found about the recall this past Saturday.  I called my dealer on Monday morning and they verified they had the parts on order and would call me back to schedule an appointment when they got them.  Yesterday they called and we set up an appointment for this morning.  They said to allow 2 to 2.5 hours but the whole repair took about 30 minutes.  Very pleased with the dealer and the quick turn around. 

14 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Parts are in for immediate install, but I delayed a week so they can practice ripping the interiors apart on other drivers' vehicles first.

I'm delaying until my next oil changes in a couple of months to give them even more practice!

On 11/15/2019 at 5:35 PM, Colossus said:

Knowing GM they don't have a fix for it yet. 

There is a fix, the service desk told me they simply place a rivet in the hole where the gasses would exhaust from causing it to exhaust away from carpeting now.

While I was in the process of setting up an appointment to have this recall done they also told me there is a TSB for the ECM (Engine Calibration Torque Model Not Accurate).  This really annoys me as I just had it in on the 6th for its first oil change but they obviously did not check for anything else.

Bought my 2020 SLT yesterday. However wasn't able to take it home due to the seatbelt recall. Hoping the fix doesn't take too long. Positive note is I have a loaner to take on a 500 mile roadtrip this weekend. Less miles wear to start off. 

17 hours ago, hcop33 said:

I got mine done the other day. Took an extra day from when I had my 7500 mile service done. Took a day for them to order the part so they provided me with a loaner/rental vehicle.

I called the dealer to schedule the recall fix based on the website notice and my VIN, and told they will order the parts and then schedule a service date. Two days later he called and said your rivets are in and to schedule a date.

I said "My rivets are in, what are they monogrammed, how come GM doesn't send you a crapload of rivets to fix all affected trucks being serviced???"  He said they have to be ordered separately for each VIN number for accountability. So this means if you drive in for service other than the recall, they keep your truck and send you home in a POS Equinox?

And I still have not received the official recall notice.

Update on this for mine.  Took it in for this recall and a software update. Recall has been stopped by GM as some sort of aluminum type foil they they are adding someplace after they rivet the hole shut was not adequate aand they are supposed to source better material. And to top it off, the software update has caused 3 codes now.  Opened or shorted circuit in TCM, loss of communication with ecm/bcm  A.  buh.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:51 AM, 19 Denali ultimate said:

Update on this for mine.  Took it in for this recall and a software update. Recall has been stopped by GM as some sort of aluminum type foil they they are adding someplace after they rivet the hole shut was not adequate aand they are supposed to source better material. And to top it off, the software update has caused 3 codes now.  Opened or shorted circuit in TCM, loss of communication with ecm/bcm  A.  buh.

I took mine in today for the seatbelt recall and it was done.