New Recall

2 hours ago, Maverick0984 said:

Why is this not a huge deal?  That doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.  I saw the recall but haven't been in yet.

Because the panels are still secure and its nothing that impacts look or performance, more of just a heads up that the plastic in these trucks are cheap and the way they clips are held to the plastic are very thin mounting tabs. In the future when people are working on these trucks at home it'll be more of an issue.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:05 PM, Snuff said:

That sucks! I am planning on an oil change next week. What did they tell you for the ETA of the part?

Got my truck back the following day. I've got to give GM credit for their quick response even though this is the second recall I've dealt with since September. Recall hit's Thursday night and parts needed for repair received at my dealer on Friday evening. I got the call to come pick her up Saturday afternoon.

Picked up my new 2019 Trail Boss this past Saturday. I actually was supposed to pick it up Friday, and in fact had driven 2 hours to the dealership to get it, when they called and said a new recall had been issued Friday morning about my airbag. They said they could not legally sell me the vehicle until the airbag recall issue was addressed so I turned around and went home.

Friday night they call and say they figured out how to fix the recall issue without waiting for a part so I can come get it Saturday, which I did.

Now I see this seatbelt recall is needed for my vehicle, and it existed prior to my purchase, so why the heck didn't the dealership fix it before selling it to me? Now I have to figure out when to get it fixed which they easily could have done.

19 hours ago, Snuff said:

That is great news! Went to the dealer this morning to schedule an oil change and they said they were waiting for the part but would NOT keep my truck. Did they adjust your brake pad module?

No adjustment to my brake pad module was listed or mentioned to me by the service representative.

11 hours ago, Sagbay32 said:

I tried to buy today and was informed they could not sell until the truck I wanted was fixed due to recall on the seat belt pre tensioner...so no deal. That is crap.

You can still buy a truck even though there is an open recall on it.  Sure, they may delay delivery until the recall is completed, but you can still buy it.  Sounds like either you really didn't want the truck anyway or they don't really want to sell it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

You can still buy a truck even though there is an open recall on it.  Sure, they may delay delivery until the recall is completed, but you can still buy it.  Sounds like either you really didn't want the truck anyway or they don't really want to sell it.

The salesman said he couldn't do anything until the vehicle was repaired.