New Recall

Took my truck in today for it's first oil change and now GM is holding it hostage waiting on a part to arrive for the following recall.

Recall Title:

Seatbelt Pretensioner Fire

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2019 – 2020 model-year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 vehicles and in certain 2020 model-year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 vehicles built with carpet floor covering (RPO B30). In certain crashes that cause the front seatbelt pretensioners to deploy, the exhaust from the deployed pretensioner may be diverted through an opening in the pretensioner bracket and ignite cotton fibers in the carpet floor near the B-pillar. Following a crash that causes the seatbelt pretensioner to deploy, a fire may develop in the area near the B-pillar, which may increase the risk of injury.

Better safe then sorry but man this sucks.

Edited by Stacy Springer

Thanks, I just checked, mine is in there too.  I am not complaining but there sure have been a lot of recalls and fixes on these things.  I am going to wait it out to see what else goes wrong before I make an appointment to take mine in.

Had mine done today, I had no idea about the recall until they told me. I went in for an oil change. They did it pretty quick. Provided they have the parts, it shouldn't take too long from my experience. 

Probably explains why GM eliminated the movable adjustment for the shoulder belt height on the B pillar. Looks like they replaced the former inertial reel system in favor of an explosive fired "harpoon" to tighten the belt.

I'd like to think it was done for our safety, but who am I kidding? Likely done because it is a cheaper system eliminating the inertial reels and adjustment hardware for a cheaper "explosive harpoon" to lock the belt triggered by the air bag sensors, Now in case of an accident it's not just a few thousand to replace the airbags but a new set of shoulder belts and firing mechanisms.