285/55/22 Nitto TGs on stock Denali

On 12/31/2019 at 4:38 PM, Adder1221 said:

Post some pics! I'm on the same boat as you were before you upgraded your tires. Thanks! 

Here's a couple pics. Been very snowy here lately so truck looks like crap. No rub but close.20200104_140512.thumb.jpg.5e40d9a4a7d246107d21b0d719e114b8.jpg20200104_134522.thumb.jpg.d6d74f7e69befc4d96c366a8e4d13759.jpg

Edited by wurgs
Additional pic
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, Ianwelch001 said:

Like the look! How close are you to rubbing? I'm ordering 305 45 22. Same size as stock but wider

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Look's great! Leveled? 2 inch ?

Any rub at full lock in reverse or driving into a driveway?

Would it be possible to get close up pic's from the back of the fender at full turn?

thank you, 

I havent bought my tires yet. Still debating on the 305/45 and the 285/50 and 33x12.5

Still dont know if I want to keep the stock wheels or change out to something else with slightly less offset to get the tires flush with the body.

So many options and I dont want it to rub either haha.

And still debating on a 4"bds lift or 2" level.

13 hours ago, Ianwelch001 said:

I havent bought my tires yet. Still debating on the 305/45 and the 285/50 and 33x12.5

Still dont know if I want to keep the stock wheels or change out to something else with slightly less offset to get the tires flush with the body.

So many options and I dont want it to rub either haha.

And still debating on a 4"bds lift or 2" level.

Cool 

definitely let us know 

i want to keep my stock 22x9 black wheels 

they lock really good with the Brembo red calipers 

thanks 

35 minutes ago, 1-BMF said:

Cool 

definitely let us know 

i want to keep my stock 22x9 black wheels 

they lock really good with the Brembo red calipers 

thanks 

how do you like the brembo calipers do the sensors still mount to them 

26 minutes ago, Brileavi said:

how do you like the brembo calipers do the sensors still mount to them 

Yes 

I ordered my truck with the brembo upgrade option front and rear. 
and I love them. 
They do have the sensors on them the info on the dash gives me the percentage of wear 

front 80% 

rear.  80% 

Very nice!!! How's the drive? They pretty quiet? 

They drive nice. I keep them at 40lbs pressure so I didn't notice any difference with the ride. The biggest change is how much better they are than the stock crap in the snow and ice. We've had quite a bit of snow and a few bad storms and haven't had any trouble getting around. They are a little bit noisier but the only time I really notice it is if I'm on smooth concrete and radio is off or very low. It doesn't bother me at all but as this truck is still the quietest I have ever owned. 

I have used BFG KOs on my last 3 trucks and love that tire so will be interesting to see how I like these after a year or 2.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:02 PM, RichieP said:

Those are E rated LT tires vs P,  62 lbs vs 41lbs stock. How was the ride impacted? What psi are you using? Any drop in mpg? How is the stability at highway speeds? I am loving the idea but afraid of the consequences.

I love to hear about this too...

On 1/11/2020 at 11:15 AM, 1-BMF said:

Yes 

I ordered my truck with the brembo upgrade option front and rear. 
and I love them. 
They do have the sensors on them the info on the dash gives me the percentage of wear 

front 80% 

rear.  80% 

I too ordered my truck with the brembo, however I have no sensors in the front. Saw your post and went straight to the dealer, they told me the sensors don't fit with the brembo . Who is your dealer?

10 hours ago, RichieP said:

I too ordered my truck with the brembo, however I have no sensors in the front. Saw your post and went straight to the dealer, they told me the sensors don't fit with the brembo . Who is your dealer?

Koons Tyson’s gmc Chevrotet Buick 

In Vienna Virginia. 
the service advisors are not the greatest they have a god complex, however their techs are good and they put the sensors on. And work as intended. 
I can try to see if I can find out if a different part number for the sensors were used. 

On 1/16/2020 at 7:10 AM, 1-BMF said:

Koons Tyson’s gmc Chevrotet Buick 

In Vienna Virginia. 
the service advisors are not the greatest they have a god complex, however their techs are good and they put the sensors on. And work as intended. 
I can try to see if I can find out if a different part number for the sensors were used. 

did you get the sensors installed?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/3/2019 at 6:02 PM, RichieP said:

Those are E rated LT tires vs P,  62 lbs vs 41lbs stock. How was the ride impacted? What psi are you using? Any drop in mpg? How is the stability at highway speeds? I am loving the idea but afraid of the consequences.

Good point. This is something that is often overlooked in the hunt for a better look/stance. Moving to an LT is fine if you plan on doing the heavy work/hauling/off-roading but if just for aesthetics, I think it makes sense to stay in the P rating (Passenger) for performance. Adding a 50% heavier and harder tire will affect mpg and ride. Nitto does offer a 305/45r22 that stays in the P rating and is only about 3-4 lbs heavier than stock. I have seen on other posts that the 305/45 will fit on stock gm rims.