2019 versus 2020 differences

mlee

I have a 2019 RST with 5.3 and 8 speed tranny. I just went in to order a 2020 RST with 6.2 10 speed or 5.3 10 speed and they said they are not available in RST in Canada yet.  I have to go with the RST because I lift truck 6" and they told me they can't lift up the High Country because of all the sensors.

Has anyone in Canada seen an RST with a 6.2 yet? Has anyone lifted a High Country yet?

20 minutes ago, Kennewbike said:

I have a 2019 RST with 5.3 and 8 speed tranny. I just went in to order a 2020 RST with 6.2 10 speed or 5.3 10 speed and they said they are not available in RST in Canada yet.  I have to go with the RST because I lift truck 6" and they told me they can't lift up the High Country because of all the sensors.

Has anyone in Canada seen an RST with a 6.2 yet? Has anyone lifted a High Country yet?

My buddy has a 6" lift on his high country here in Alberta. Not sure where that info is coming from

• Like 1

I have a 2020 AT4 and i have lock buttons on all 4 doors lol, also i did test drive the 2019 before i decided to go with my 20 and the adaptive cruise is soooo nice, so is the collision detection system, which works in sync with the adaptive cruise. It's also a hell of a lot smoother with the suspension retune.. it feels amazing going over potholes that my 2016 felt like the truck was falling apart, this one feels like you don't even notice them. It's insane, and in the snow it's even better!

I live in Buffalo NY so we have Salt allllll over the roads, and potholes are more prevalent than folks on medicaid... soo believe me when i say, get the 20! You won't regret it.

On 11/16/2019 at 12:06 PM, MG386 said:

The black badges and tips are only for the carbon pro package I believe, not all 2020 at4

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

this is the only one i can seem to find its just a clip from the gm website. There was another of a guy recording his truck but I cant seem to find it

On 11/13/2019 at 10:17 PM, econometrics said:

The DIC display is slightly different on the 2020s, but it’s marginal. 

One change that I think is a negative is removing the lock buttons on the rear doors. The 2019s have them on all 4 doors. The 2020 only on the front doors. ??

Lots of great replies.  Very Helpful

I'm not concerned too much with the back buttons and this may be different between models now but I may have read the DIC is a little larger which is nice.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:29 PM, joelabq said:

My 2020 ltz has the lock button on all four doors. Also, larger cab, rear ac vents, and then some of the option changes and additions which are easier to figure out if you build on Chevrolet's website for each year to see what compares.

Edit: Oops, just realized this wasn't an HD. Ignore me. emoji17.png

I have been using the GM Supplier Pricing build it website but when ordering it's all 2020 now. 

I'm very familiar on the Chevy side and have seen a lot of new things in 2020 that I've found are already in the 2019 GMC. Got me looking in that direction now as it seems they are a half step ahead.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:46 PM, OnTheReel said:

In an AT4 you’re really just looking at:

10 speed now standard with 5.3

Adaptive cruise (Optional)

Optional Tech package now also includes trailer camera provisions, as well as BedView camera

Revised infotainment with XM360L

If the 2019 you’re looking at is a loaded up 6.2 and is NOT an early build truck, I’m not sure the 2020 tweaks would be enough to swing me over, but I guess money talks.

Exactly what got me looking at the Trail Boss as it now has the 6.2L available.  Had no idea the 2019 AT4 already had it on the later part of the MY.  

On 11/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, Mandalorian said:

First model years (of any brand) usually have more bugs. Could be an issue come resale time.

I've not seen huge bugs but just items that were missing and should have been included in the 1st year.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:15 AM, Sjordan said:

I assume he means first pull to unlock second pull to open

Quite a few GM cars do that.  My wife couldn't get out of the Camaro without it.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:27 AM, f8l vnm said:

All you need to know is the TB is noW available in the 6.2?

EXACTLY...  I heard back in June that the 6.2 was going in the Trail Boss and been waiting for this ever since.  10 speed was mandatory for me this time around.  Soon as the 6.2 became available to order the UAW strike started and I discovered the AT4.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:42 AM, L86 All Terrain said:

Can't personally speak toward the T1's yet, but I will tell you my 2014 Silverado has/had 10x the problems my 2015 Sierra has. I will never purchase a first MY again. The camera features sound great, but the less crap like lane departure, adaptive cruise, torque management the better in my eye. Single lane highway here, with many "new" truck drivers that like to drive right on the yellow line, so I typically crowd the white line. Drove a Denali Yukon with lane departure the other day and found it pushes you back at the oncoming traffic when you try to crowd the white line. Not a fan. You will be happy with a Sierra AT4 over a Silverado. My last two personal trucks were All Terrain Sierras. 

After reading about uncomfortable seats due to lane departure stuff I'll definitely stay away from that, but a lot of positive comments on adaptive cruise.  Hopefully can get one without the other.

I did just drive an AT4 with 6.2 and was blown away.  My last 4 trucks were Chevy and I think the next will be GMC.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:18 AM, Mikedfw said:

For the at4s specifically, they retuned the suspension, is supposedly much smoother and less likely for the tail end to kick out over certain kinds of bumps/holes.

? ? ?

On 11/14/2019 at 1:56 PM, mcgee500 said:

I'm in the process of ordering a 2020 Silverado and I can't seem to find any 5.3 with the 10 speed transmission. Maybe I need to look again but on a double cab the only way to get the 10 speed is going to the 6.2 isn't it?

Pretty sure it needs to be a crew cab but it popped up in the ordering system right after the strike started.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:33 PM, FishinJ said:

My 2020 has lock buttons on all 4 doors. 

Love the adaptive cruise and the cameras are great.

I do want the cameras especially for towing.  Also good to hear about adaptive cruise.

13 hours ago, Chris Ocean said:

I have a 2020 AT4 and i have lock buttons on all 4 doors lol, also i did test drive the 2019 before i decided to go with my 20 and the adaptive cruise is soooo nice, so is the collision detection system, which works in sync with the adaptive cruise. It's also a hell of a lot smoother with the suspension retune.. it feels amazing going over potholes that my 2016 felt like the truck was falling apart, this one feels like you don't even notice them. It's insane, and in the snow it's even better!

I live in Buffalo NY so we have Salt allllll over the roads, and potholes are more prevalent than folks on medicaid... soo believe me when i say, get the 20! You won't regret it.

Just the kind of stuff I'm looking for.  Thanks!!

On 11/16/2019 at 12:09 AM, Chrisd534 said:

for 2020 AT4 it comes with black at4 emblems and black exhaust tips. I think its hit or miss though ive seen some guys that have it and some 2020s that dont.. must be after a certain build date not sure

Not sure about the badging but different tips are dealer installed order options.

Unless I get an end-of-year deal on a 2019 that I just can't refuse it's 2020 with 6.2 all the way. The 1st acceleration on my test drive had me hooked.  Thanks for all the responses.

So only the Carbon Pro comes with the Black exhaust tips, i wanted them and i ordered them buy my truck didn't come with it because it's not a carbon pro. The website can say one thing, but they simply don't ship randomly... it's on the Carbon Pro edition.

Also the lane departure doesn't make a difference in the feeling of the seat... 

On 11/16/2019 at 2:43 PM, dwilli said:

I just went to order a 2020 AT4 in Smokey Quartz and they tell me it's been discontinued. Anybody hear that?

Yes, being replaced with Carbon Black Metallic, because no one is buying the brown ones, so they're not going to keep making a color that doesn't sell.. not the first time they've done it.

Might be ea little late to the conversation but my 2020 AT4 does NOT have door locks in the rear. But as stated earlier (thank you very much), pull the door handle once to unlock, again to open. 

Curious to know if this coincides with build dates. Where do u find your build date?

54 minutes ago, mistaare said:

Might be ea little late to the conversation but my 2020 AT4 does NOT have door locks in the rear. But as stated earlier (thank you very much), pull the door handle once to unlock, again to open. 

Curious to know if this coincides with build dates. Where do u find your build date?

Everyone is referring to the lock buttons on the outside of the truck, on the door handles. Are you saying you don’t have those on the rear handles?

Month and year of build is on a sticker in your drivers door jamb. You can get the specific date of your build by requesting your build sheet from [email protected]

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know why the 4-way lumbar support isn’t available anymore like on the ‘14-‘19 Sierra?  I’m looking at a 2020 2500HD Denali but it only has the 2-way power lumbar which sets too high.  I currently have an ‘18 Denali DMax and the 4-way lumbar was the deciding factor at the time for me from an AT that didn’t have it.  I can’t find any 2020 with this option.  Also the seats seem much more stiff to me than my ‘18.  All of the other features on the T1 are great but this seat issue might be a deal breaker for me.  My ‘18 feels way more comfortable.