6 hours ago, Nanotech Environmental said:

Seems to me that most of your issues are with the dealer. Change dealers.

Not a "Troll" in any sense of the word.

I've been in contact with the GMC Customer Service line on a weekly basis.

They call me to see what's happening.

As for changing dealers, the last time I spoke with GMC they were thinking of that as well and we contacted another dealer near my second home.

I had been there once before as well.

The technology on these T1 trucks is so revolutionary that the service departments tell me that they just change what their tip line tells them to do but they don't know how to trouble shoot the trucks.

The service department at the NJ dealership saw that my volt meter was reading erratically and below 14 v.

Not knowing that the new technology shuts off the alternator when its not needed, they changed the battery at no charge.

This is what I mean ...... GMC laid an egg and there are no hens to take care of the chicks.

As for Greco2003,  who suggested I was a TROLL ... why don't you give me your real email address and we can talk at length.

Calling names without actually knowing or seeing the problems make YOU to be a foolish person.

If you are so knowledgeable about the T1 GMC Sierra electronics ... perhaps you should work for GMC.

Why don't you search my other posts that show pictures of the problems

My truck is back at GMC/Buick in Riverhead NY AGAIN .....

Corporate called them AGAIN and now they found me a loaner after weeks of waiting.

I asked when I should expect it to be fixed and Jeff, one of the service writeres said they'll get to it when they can.

GMC SUCKS

6 hours ago, Donstar said:

I call BS.  

I guess you guys must work for GMC.

One of the times I was bumped from my service appointment it was because a NYS trooper vehicle was under repair for engine failure.

You can say BS all day long if you want but it's the truth ......

7 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Very expensive? No relatively cheap for what you are buying! Everything is relative to ones scope of experience, in fact they are no more expensive than they ever were and safer, easier to drive and more creature features than their predecessors.

Back in 1960 my dad paid $2,000 for a new Impala when current $1.00 size Hershey bars cost $0.05, a carton of cigarettes was $2.00, gas was $0.23 a gallon and $1500/oz. gold was $35.00/oz. and average salary was less than $4,000 yr.And all the Impala had was power steering, power brakes, tube radio and two antennae. Today a comparable Impala is $40,000 (for an inflation factor of 20x) which is about the same as a moderately equipped truck....with air conditioning, power windows and door locks, seat belts, air bags radial tires, antilock brakes, etc, etc. So no.....no more expensive than they ever were.....and they come with a lot more crap to break.

And as far as dependability, $hit happens to those that go looking for it. Fuel injection, electronic ignition....Haven't had a car flood while trying to start or stall out on the highway in 30 years or had to jamb a screwdriver to open the choke and shoot in ether on a freezing morning.....turn the key or now push the button and no more thinking. People complain about the first hard 1-2 upshift  after a cold start....try driving 60s GM 2 speed Powerglide that holds first to 40 mph before to shifting 2nd like a mule kicked it in the ass.

Over 3K miles on my '19 Silverado and not a thing wrong with it. Same goes for my '18 Traverse and Malibus, in fact the Traverse rides better than any Chevy (possibly with the exception of the '74 Impala Custom which got 6 mpg on a 454 cid) I've owned in the past 50 years. No matter what you buy same metal, rubber, plastic and electronic crap in all of them assembled and painted by robots. Want to maximize you're odds, go for pick of the litter, test drive them all, forget about color, buy with a "1" or "2" in the VIN, cross your fingers and dump when the warranty is up.........works for me.

After all, it's only a freakin' truck. Love my wife and kids and keep them for the duration, like my dogs and keep for their lifespan, but the truck? always a newer one with more features waiting on the lot.

Guys, The 2019 Silverado is NOT a T1 and doesn't suffer from the computer programing issues or the switch problems with the ProTailgate.

Maybe by next year or 2021 when Chevy adopts the newer electronics it will be solved ... I hope for you benefit.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Very expensive? No relatively cheap for what you are buying! Everything is relative to ones scope of experience, in fact they are no more expensive than they ever were and safer, easier to drive and more creature features than their predecessors.

Wages v Cost of Goods has compressed 40% since the mid 60's. Things are way more expensive than they were. This is a matter of USGOV public record if you wish to do your own research. Personally. I've lived it and that bold statement (quote above) is a load of crap. It takes two full time people in the family to do what was done with one at that time. 

Technology that moved the world was vulcanization of rubber, not Bluetooth for your phone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm wondering about sample size here - the number of trucks sold vs the number of owners on this forum vs the number of owners actually having problems - all in comparison to other trucks/vehicles...

I *think* you'll find the vast majority of T1 owners are overall happy with their purchase...    I have very minimal complaints about mine...    

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yoda2 said:

Guys, The 2019 Silverado is NOT a T1 and doesn't suffer from the computer programing issues or the switch problems with the ProTailgate.

Maybe by next year or 2021 when Chevy adopts the newer electronics it will be solved ... I hope for you benefit.

Um, yes, the 2019 Silverado *is* a T1...   The Silverado LD is *not*.     All the T1s are made in the same 2 plants, side by side, in the same production plant. All of internals between the 2 trucks are exactly the same (depending on Trim/options of course)...   Yes, there are differences, but most of those are external - few body panels, the lights, obviously the tailgate...  but for the kinds of things you are talking about, the 2019 Chevy Silverado and the GMC Sierra are the *same* truck.    (not to be confused with the 2019 Silverado LD or 2019 Sierra Limited - those are both re-numbered 2018 trucks)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chris Callanan said:

I'm wondering about sample size here - the number of trucks sold vs the number of owners on this forum vs the number of owners actually having problems - all in comparison to other trucks/vehicles...

I *think* you'll find the vast majority of T1 owners are overall happy with their purchase...    I have very minimal complaints about mine...    

I hope that's true because I don't really want to buy a Tundra but I do want to keep my truck for about 15 years. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Wages v Cost of Goods has compressed 40% since the mid 60's. Things are way more expensive than they were. This is a matter of USGOV public record if you wish to do your own research. Personally. I've lived it and that bold statement (quote above) is a load of crap. It takes two full time people in the family to do what was done with one at that time. 

Technology that moved the world was vulcanization of rubber, not Bluetooth for your phone. 

I never disagree with you Grumpy so I'll add that I've lived a reality that is opposite to yours!  Thomcat's post reflects  what I have experienced.  Maybe there are regional factors which account for our differences.  I personally would rather work with current salaries and cost of goods than those in the 60's or 70's.   I know wages typically increase with "age" but I base my comment on entry level wages in my preferred trades/professions.  (Minimum wage now is 15X greater than when I started in the workforce but hasn't kept up with the increase in the cost of living!)

Edited by Donstar

I never disagree with you Grumpy so I'll add that I've lived a reality that is opposite to yours!  Thomcat's post reflects  what I have experienced.  Maybe there are regional factors which account for our differences.  I personally would rather work with current salaries and cost of goods than those in the 60's or 70's.   I know wages typically increase with "age" but I base my comment on entry level wages in my preferred trades/professions.  (Minimum wage now is 15X greater than when I started, but hasn't kept up with the increase in the cost of living!)

That depends on what each individual’s idea of living is. If you want to have more then you’ll have to make more but some are just happier being content with what they’ve got.

3b585c71d400062851d6fd49d11b9db4.jpg

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

Not a "Troll" in any sense of the word.

I've been in contact with the GMC Customer Service line on a weekly basis.

They call me to see what's happening.

As for changing dealers, the last time I spoke with GMC they were thinking of that as well and we contacted another dealer near my second home.

I had been there once before as well.

The technology on these T1 trucks is so revolutionary that the service departments tell me that they just change what their tip line tells them to do but they don't know how to trouble shoot the trucks.

The service department at the NJ dealership saw that my volt meter was reading erratically and below 14 v.

Not knowing that the new technology shuts off the alternator when its not needed, they changed the battery at no charge.

This is what I mean ...... GMC laid an egg and there are no hens to take care of the chicks.

As for Greco2003,  who suggested I was a TROLL ... why don't you give me your real email address and we can talk at length.

Calling names without actually knowing or seeing the problems make YOU to be a foolish person.

If you are so knowledgeable about the T1 GMC Sierra electronics ... perhaps you should work for GMC.

Why don't you search my other posts that show pictures of the problems

My truck is back at GMC/Buick in Riverhead NY AGAIN .....

Corporate called them AGAIN and now they found me a loaner after weeks of waiting.

I asked when I should expect it to be fixed and Jeff, one of the service writeres said they'll get to it when they can.

GMC SUCKS

Sounds like to me that dealership sucks! I’ve always had excellent service experiences each and every time I’ve serviced all my vehicles and not once have I ever experienced anything remotely close to what you’ve said. I can call right now and they’ll tell me a loaner will be ready for me as soon as I get there. GMC has excellent customer service

Sent from Above

• Like 1

My grandparents lived in a one bath two bedroom home with 4 kids, about 1100 square ft. One car am radio no ac. They were happy as hell. My parents lived in the same home with 4 kids until my fathers business took off. I didn’t feel deprived during that time. The only thing that’s really changed is now mostly there’s two people working. The house is double the size and there’s two cars. Everything is more opulent and everyone is spoiled. In hock up to their ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My grandparents lived in a one bath two bedroom home with 4 kids, about 1100 square ft. One car am radio no ac. They were happy as hell. My parents lived in the same home with 4 kids until my fathers business took off. I didn’t feel deprived during that time. The only thing that’s really changed is now mostly there’s two people working. The house is double the size and there’s two cars. Everything is more opulent and everyone is spoiled. In hock up to their ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were 5 of us in a 1200 sqft house, one old car, we had lots of fantastic memories back then, not much and today, lots bigger. I dearly miss those days and constantly bring up to my wife how much I miss that little house I grew up in. Life is what you make of it, be happy with what you’ve got cause there are a great many with far less than you

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoda2 said:

2019 is not a T1? I thought all 2019-2020 Silverado’s and Sierra’s were t1’s? 

Ugh, still learning. 

8 minutes ago, mistaare said:

2019 is not a T1? I thought all 2019-2020 Silverado’s and Sierra’s were t1’s? 

Ugh, still learning. 

Carry over K2's in both Chevy and GMC, look the same as the 18's but are 2019's also.

T1 is the new body style, similar to what they did on the 2007 model run, 2 body styles for same year.