Trying to decide if should trade in 2500hd 6.0 gas for new 3.0 diesel, have same tow capacity

14 hours ago, ckes2500 said:

Thanks for all the feed back, never really was interested in the ram eco diesels. Sucks for all the problems, do you regret getting the 1/2 ton diesel.  What kind of MPG is anyone getting with the  newer 5.3 with max tow and the 8 speed trans.  The more I look at the trucks I am seeing crazy deals on the 2019's with 5.3 and max tow.  The DEF systems seem to keep screwing up the diesels.  Still looking

If you live in Cold climates, the DEF systems on diesels will let you down, and usually when you need them the most. They have come a long way since 2012 but they still suck. I have 5 pieces now that run DEF for my business. One of the 2012 Kenworths I had was soooo bad it couldn't even work often enough to pay its own repair bills, let alone the $3,000/month payments. 

For you guys that have had a 6.2L, how does the lack of power feel on the 3.0L.. the HP difference is really noticeable on paper.. wondering how it feels in the truck? 
Coming from a tuned 2010 6.2L, you certainly can feel the difference when you get on it, but what I like the most is the diesel tourqe down low. I have come to appreciate being able to hit the gas at low RPM and it just goes compared to the down shifts and screaming RPM that you get with the gas engine. But there are definitely days I miss that screaming 6.2L at 4k+ RPM

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1