Ok I have a 2000 gmc jimmy sle and my 4wd doesn’t work there is no light and also no sound when I click the button but it’s my dads old truck and now mine and he said the old owner melted the wiring harness but I have no idea where it is too fix it could someone help me please (I would only like to fix the 4wd wiring it’s the only thing I care about) 

Find one in a junkyard and take the harness out of it?  Or phone/email used part places?

And only the 4wd harness is melted?  That's...unusual.

As for finding the harness, it'll be the bundle of wires with connectors on the transfer case, and if it's similar to the full size trucks, goes to the front diff, and a plug in the fuse box in the engine compartment.  There may be a separate one, or it could continue on into the cab to connect to the electric buttons or a computer somewhere.

I would suggest getting a short term subscription to the full-service manual for your truck, it will have the wiring diagram for these systems, routing of the wiring harness, stuff like that.  places like alldatadiy.com, helminc.com and other sites....

Edited by davester

17 hours ago, davester said:

Find one in a junkyard and take the harness out of it?  Or phone/email used part places?

And only the 4wd harness is melted?  That's...unusual.

As for finding the harness, it'll be the bundle of wires with connectors on the transfer case, and if it's similar to the full size trucks, goes to the front diff, and a plug in the fuse box in the engine compartment.  There may be a separate one, or it could continue on into the cab to connect to the electric buttons or a computer somewhere.

I would suggest getting a short term subscription to the full-service manual for your truck, it will have the wiring diagram for these systems, routing of the wiring harness, stuff like that.  places like alldatadiy.com, helminc.com and other sites....

Well not only is it the 4wd melted another one is interior lights and idk what else is melted but I only want to fix 4wd wiring right now