Gator SRX soft roll up cover, opinions please

Radchad

I know, I know, the tonneau cover thing has been discussed many times. I just wanna here from a few people who something to say about the Gator roll up cover.  I’m trying to talk myself into getting the gator instead of the truxedo lo pro for the few hundred in savings.   It’s a lease so I’m not shellin more than $500 on a cover.    

Thanks 

17 minutes ago, Moend said:

I got the gator from Amazon. Working good so far. Got it for 176. Price went up since then.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07J2T7DZC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Ya i bought the same thing when it was $175ish. I like it, its a little hard to keep clean(after 2 weeks it needs a wash)

I have the Gator SRX as well. I’m honestly not a fan. I see it flap in my rear view mirror quite a bit but I don’t hear it at all. Holds a lot of water to the point it will pull the Velcro in some spots on the side. I’ve had other cheap tonneau cover on my old 2017 Silverado. Was a lot better than this one. Also stops my tailgate from releasing half the time. Debating on replacing it myself. I bought after reading other opinions on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, obrien19 said:

I have the Gator SRX as well. I’m honestly not a fan. I see it flap in my rear view mirror quite a bit but I don’t hear it at all. Holds a lot of water to the point it will pull the Velcro in some spots on the side. I’ve had other cheap tonneau cover on my old 2017 Silverado. Was a lot better than this one. Also stops my tailgate from releasing half the time. Debating on replacing it myself. I bought after reading other opinions on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't like it at first because it felt cheap and was hard to tone right. But after little bit of fiddling i got it right and i think it is a bargain. And if it last me 5 years I will be a happy camper. My access that I had on my old pick up start showing its age at 3-4 years and by the 5th year it start to fall apart and mind you that was a 400ish cover. This one the material feels softer but that could mean it might last longer

1 hour ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Ya i bought the same thing when it was $175ish. I like it, its a little hard to keep clean(after 2 weeks it needs a wash)

I think that is true with any soft cover. My access cover that I had on my old truck was the same. I used to use tire shine once a year or so to keep it looking nice.

10 hours ago, Moend said:

I didn't like it at first because it felt cheap and was hard to tone right. But after little bit of fiddling i got it right and i think it is a bargain. And if it last me 5 years I will be a happy camper. My access that I had on my old pick up start showing its age at 3-4 years and by the 5th year it start to fall apart and mind you that was a 400ish cover. This one the material feels softer but that could mean it might last longer

Yeah I understand that. This isn't my first bargain tonneau cover. I've had several. For the price of $175 it's hard to beat. I mean even if it does fail, buying a second one can still put you a head of other covers. I have no complaints with the build quality of the Gator SRX cover. I love how flush the cover sits to the bed, vs the previous covers I've had. I live in the north east, so if a little bit of rain will cause the cover to sag as much as it did, then when it eventually snows, I have some concerns.  The amount of water it had from the rain, gave me a pretty 20 second waterfall that i got the pleasure of watching through my reverse camera as i backed out of my driveway. 

Truck Photo.jpg

12 hours ago, Radchad said:

One more question. For you guys who have the gator cover. Does it have the tubes in it that roll up with the cover for supports?

thanks 

Yes, mine came with 2 of them. Also, one other thing I like more about this gator is hooks that is used for when its rolled open. 

I have it as well, but no issues with water sitting like that. You both might need to tighten up the cover tension, that could be the problem you're having. If there is too much slack in it, yes it will sag like that. Also, make sure the velcro on both sides is tight. Just undo it, and pull it taut. 

31 minutes ago, johnnys2k said:

I have it as well, but no issues with water sitting like that. You both might need to tighten up the cover tension, that could be the problem you're having. If there is too much slack in it, yes it will sag like that. Also, make sure the velcro on both sides is tight. Just undo it, and pull it taut. 

I've played around with the tension, and If i set it any tighter, can't latch the cover. And I pull the velcro tight every time. There was so much water in that picture, it pulled the velcro. I would return it, but have already gotten rid of the box it was shipped in.