Finally pulled the trigger

Dbrace

The 5.3 has all the power you will ever need for a 1500 pickup. As a matter of fact, they run damn good and get even better mpg
The 5.3 1500s today have more capability than a 7.4L 454ci dually from the 80s.

I see modern day 1 ton dually trucks with 5th wheel receivers hauling cars on a giant car hauler that a semi-truck would pull, doing 80-85 mph on the highway.

Most of us are more than ok with a 5.3 1500.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

14 hours ago, duquephart said:

Indeed. As much as 35 cents, perhaps.

Probably more like 15-20.00!  Sorry, the guy at Dealership taking the truck in for trade could give 2qty rats arse's about paint chips on front end.

3 hours ago, Chris Ocean said:

I just got my 2020 AT4 a week ago, and i got a 5.3 and everyone made fun of me for it but i said this very thing... i wanted a truck not a sportscar trapped in a truck body.. it already eats gas as it is, i don't want a bigger motor just for the noise and premium fuel bill.. but i did get mine fully loaded.

The older you get the Less CHIT you will want the vehicle to have and things you never wanted before become necessities!  I.E. knobs buttons, quiet so your not listening to engine/exhaust, low step in height! MPG's become very important why in the hell am I pissing away money on CRAP MPG'S.

Premium is only 'recommended' in the 6.2L, you can run 87 in it without fear of voiding a warranty. I have put about 8 tanks of 87 in mine throughout its life with no real MPG penalty or noticeable power loss due to retarded timing. On factory tires my 6.2L 8 speed was getting about 1.5mpg better than my 5.3L 6 speed on factory sized, but D load tires. The 6.2L's efficiency is amazing if you can manage to keep your foot out of it and not put on big tires. Even with 33x12.5 E loads I can get 18-19mpg when i want to, but 15-16mpg is realistic when driving it like a sportscar. 

Required and Recommended have two different definitions.