Trailboss 10spd vs 8spd

The second gen (2017+) Raptor. The GM car version debuted in the ZL1 that same year and this truck’s version came out in some of the high end full size GM SUVs in 2018. Ford led the development but each automaker builds their own version in their own factories.

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

The second gen (2017+) Raptor. The GM car version debuted in the ZL1 that same year and this truck’s version came out in some of the high end full size GM SUVs in 2018. Ford led the development but each automaker builds their own version in their own factories.

I believe the co-devolved 6speed GM was given the go ahead to unleash it in Malibu/Saturn in high volumes and FERD had to trickle it in...Then they did opposite for 10speeds.  Which is why ZL1 was used.    

9 minutes ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

Yup from what I've seen 4WD = 10 speed 2WD = 8 speed. I would like the 10 speed but, don't want the 4WD.

These are what you call GM games.  WTF is wrong with these morons.  So the guy with the 2WD doesn't need the 10 speed?  Its crazy . But we have known about GM hierarchy rules for a while now. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jean-Luc said:

I have a 6.2 with 10 speed, it’s one of the best shifting eng/Tran combination.  Especial nice while towing my 10k fifth wheel 

Careful.....the weight police will be by to tell you that your combo is overweight/unstable/unsafe/unacceptable.  ?

Coming from a 2015 with a 6.2 mated to a 8 speed trans I say get the 10 speed trans.  Night and day the way it shifts.  I did not have the hard shifting that others had with the 8 speed and I know they improved it but the 10 speed is very smooth all the time.....like warm butter.

• Like 1

For 2020 the 10 speed is standard on the LT trailboss.

Chevrolet Truck Silverado 1500

Deletions

(GE0) Oakwood Metallic
     (PDT) High Country Premium Package
     (R13) WT Appearance Package

New Features

(DPO) and (DQS) Vertical Trailering Mirrors
     (KSG) Adaptive Cruise Control now included in (PDJ) Safety Package II
     (PCQ) LT Value Package
     (PCR) RST Value Package
     (PEB) WT Value Package
     (WJP) Midnight Edition
     (STH) Rally Edition on Custom (1CX) and RST (1SP) models

Changes

(PDA) Texas Edition is now available on RST
     (MQB) 10-speed transmission is now standard on 4WD High Country models with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 DFM engine and LT Trail Boss
     (UV2) HD Surround Vision is replaced with (UVS) HD Surround Vision with Two Trailer Camera Provisions
     (CWM) Technology Package now includes (UVN) Bed View Camera
     (PCV) WT Convenience Package is now available with (ZW9) pickup bed delete
     (PTT) Tire Pressure Monitor System becomes (PTT) Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors
     (V46) and (VJH) Chrome bumpers are now free flow on 1WT
     (Q5U) 17" Bight silver painted aluminum wheels are now free flow on 1WT
     (L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine is now available on 1WT Work Truck and 1CX Custom models
     (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine is now available on Custom Trail Boss, RST and LT Trail Boss 

Also, as well as standard on LT trailboss

MQB    Transmission, 10-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode. Includes Cruise Grade Braking and Powertrain Grade Braking
Custom TrailBoss - Included and only available with (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine.
LT - Included and only available with (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine.
RST and LTZ - Included and only available with (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine or (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine.
HC - Included and only available with 4WD models, (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine or (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine. 

It is not currently available on 'work truck' or 'silverado custom'

On 10/22/2019 at 2:25 PM, Mountain boy said:

Get the 2020 different 5.3. Easy to see air cleaner is on the drivers side it’s the new 5.3.

It's the same 5.3L. Both the 5.3 with DFM in 2019 and 2020 are L84 engines. If the engine were new or even updated, they would have a different engine code.

I have a 2019 TB with 5.3 V8 Ecotec3 AFM, Six (6)spd Transmission, no issues - drives, shifts very well.  On the interstate cruising at 65-70mph, I easily yield 22 MPG.  

The Goodyear DuraTrac tires are very quiet on the highway, yet very capable off road.  

IMG_1369.JPG

Edited by Doolin-Dalton