Trailboss 10spd vs 8spd

In a word...yes. While most people are happy with the 8 speed, it does have it’s issues. If there’s any problems with the 10 speed, I’ve never seen or heard of them, at least not the GM manufactured version. Never had any problems myself either, best shifting automatic I’ve ever driven by far.

Transmissions aside, the other thing is you’re almost guaranteed to have less issues / bugs with a 2020 model over the first year 2019. Mine has been good overall but I’d be lying if I said there weren’t times I wished I would have waited a year...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

In a word...yes. While most people are happy with the 8 speed, it does have it’s issues. If there’s any problems with the 10 speed, I’ve never seen or heard of them, at least not the GM manufactured version. Never had any problems myself either, best shifting automatic I’ve ever driven by far.

Transmissions aside, the other thing is you’re almost guaranteed to have less issues / bugs with a 2020 model over the first year 2019. Mine has been good overall but I’d be lying if I said there weren’t times I wished I would have waited a year...

Is 10spd relatively newer than the 8 spd? If so would it be more prone to unknown issues then? I am little paranoid here i think. Lol

Well the 8 speed has been around a few years longer. But the problem with that logic becomes...do you want to risk potential unknown issues? Or well known, class action type issues the 8 speed has a history with. Granted, they did fix a lot of the 8 speed problems for 2019, but still a lot of people going through trouble.

10 speed picks up more acceleration as well. Not sure why GM is playing these games. Just give everything the 10 speed. Everything but the work trucks.  And also disappointing to see the 6 in the new HD 6.6 gasser. Why not give that a 10 speed too. I swear the GM bean counters are the worst. 
this is really the biggest difference between GM and Ford.  Ford just throws everything At it. No holding back. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1