Discussion: Your first electric pickup may be a Hummer

When the General Motors and the UAW announced a deal to end the ongoing strike last week, one of the potential settling points was a $3-billion investment in the Detroit-Hamtramck plant for future electric trucks. On Friday, Reuters reported that an all-electric pickup branded as a HUMMER could be the first product out of that investment....

https://www.gm-trucks.com/your-first-electric-pickup-may-be-a-hummer/

--------------

What do you guys think? Is this exciting? Lame? Where is GM going with the brand if they do label "Project O" as a HUMMER?

When I asked the finance guy last Friday when I was picking up my baby Duramax what he thought of Ford's electric F-150 commercial and $500 million "investment" in Rivian, he said "somebody has to be first to fail". Guess he didn't get the memo.

• Like 1

I'm guessing $100k starting price. If the average truck is selling for nearly $60-LARGE these days, what's considered "upper end"? $200k? 

After owning a couple 21st Century GM products, I'll take a looooooong pass on this one. 

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

To me this is also one of the problems with electric. Why do they all have to be so butt ugly! With the exception of a few electric cars most of the ones coming out including the GM ones look crazy ugly. 

Edited by Likarok

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Have you seen the details of the F-150 Lightning? $40K!! Okay, if you can live with a 200 mile range.

Oh...do you want 300 Miles?

That will cost you an additional $10 LARGE

Tesla just lost a lawsuit in Norway over hindered charging and battery capacity knockdowns with each software update to the tune of 10K vehicles at $1,600 per vehicle. 

Let the games begin!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 2:24 AM, Likarok said:

To me this is also one of the problems with electric. Why do they all have to be so butt ugly! With the exception of a few electric cars most of the ones coming out including the GM ones look crazy ugly. 

I agree with you! Haha. Harsh but true.