Tach hits into redline on 6.2

Just wondering if anyone else noticed that the tach goes into redline.  I have never had any other vehicle stock do this.  Just curious is all.

Edited by Black02Silverado

I use to tune my vehicles to go to redline in drive. Back in the day we would shift ourselves to hit redline. Most vehicles without a tune won’t let you hit redline even shifting your self. Damn nannies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's normal. The K2 trucks didn't have a red line in the cluster but they would still tag that 5,800ish spot. The shift points in the older 6L80e and 8L90e's are around that 5,600-5,700 mark. It needs to meet a shift mph and shift rpm before the shift will happen so it's normal for the rpm's to go over the desired shift rpm by a little bit as that small amount of rev's can happen in milliseconds before the next gear is ready.

Crazy how the close ratio 10 speeds keep the rpm's way up after a shift unlike the 6 speeds that would drop way back to the mid 4,000's rpm.

Its normal, as said the redline is anywhere from 5600 to 5800 in the OEM. The engine can easily handle 6k rpms or even more. My 17 Camaro SS at one point was tuned to 7k rpm from the stock 6500rpm limit. Same engine other than some minor things.