White Frost Tricoat Paint Touchup?

Pturn

8 hours ago, sturtze87 said:

Keep us updated, I am also in the same boat for my 17 Denali and looking for a solution.

Cheers

Looks like it will be delivered Monday so hopefully I get some time to work on it before the snow flies!

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, sturtze87 said:

Any updates OP?

Yes, I have received the primer, base coat, mid coat, and clear coat.  I washed, sanded, prepped, primed and added multiple layers alternating base/mid coats.  The color is off but I am hoping to tape and wet sand in the next week before applying clear to see if I can get it to look respectable. 

1 hour ago, Pturn said:

Yes, I have received the primer, base coat, mid coat, and clear coat.  I washed, sanded, prepped, primed and added multiple layers alternating base/mid coats.  The color is off but I am hoping to tape and wet sand in the next week before applying clear to see if I can get it to look respectable. 

I ended up taking my fender flares, tailgate handle and door handles to a paint and body shop to get them paint matched. First try was way off and we found out that for the 2017's there are actually 5 different variances on the white frost tricoat. So we went to a specialty paint shop in the area that had all 5 variances on cards and chose the best one then bought the paint from them. Second go round is probably about a 95% match and most people would never be able to tell but it still isnt an exact match. I dont know if its possible to get the exact match but I am happy with the outcome on mine. Good luck with yours!