Sierra vs Silverado poll

2 hours ago, the wanderer said:

I think most people like to jump on the bandwagon and hate on the Chevy HD just because that's the in thing to do. It's not "handsome", but it looks tough and rugged, and far better in person.

I mean scroll a couple posts up and look at the stuff they were making 50-70 years ago, it was considered a great truck back then. Can you imagine that design style as a 2020 truck? It would get laughed to death.

I would definitely consider a Chevy HD from an exterior perspective. The fact that the gasser is only at 6 gears is a complete and total deal killer, and that is the real WTF if you ask me. Nobody is selling 6 gear trannys anymore, except the cummins, but at least there you get 1000 pounds of torque to help out. That new gas engine desperately needs the 10 speed if chevy wants to compete against Ford's massive 7.3, and even Ram 6.4 which is at 8 gears now.

Chevy and GMC need to stop futzing around with those old school trannies and do like Ford; 10 speed across the board. They need to do this like yesterday, but no they're just trying to play games and push people into upper trims.

Couldn't agree with you more on the transmission part .  Total Fu**ery on GM and offering 3 different transmission across the truck lines.  And you know its because of cost . This is why I admire ( not sue admire is right word) Ford because they dont mess around when it comes to trucks. Its their lifeline and they throw everything at it .  They gave their new GAS 7.3 the 10 speed to begin with , while GM stuck with the 6 speed.  Heck even now their basic work truck 3.3 V6 will have the 10 speed . 

In the torque wars a few years ago the Cummins came out with 925 TQ and the same year Ford upped theirs to 935. Its not much but again to them their trucks is everything. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 5:02 PM, ullose272 said:

Personal preference, i wont buy another truck with chrome grille or wheels, thats why i got my rst over ltz5e0c64c22cc38904c34aeffde3b850bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Really good looking truck!!!

On 6/30/2020 at 10:29 PM, OnTheReel said:

I dunno why there are now two different people saying the Silverado didn’t have the 6.2 or 10 speed until “later”...

Maybe they mean the Trail Boss didn’t, but nobody was being specific so who knows. 

At any rate, everyone is going to say they like the brand they bought more. Since Chevy outsells GMC over 2 to 1, there’s your poll data.

I think it's closer to 50/50 in Canada - at least that's what I've heard but I don't have any data to back it up. 

1 hour ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I think it's closer to 50/50 in Canada - at least that's what I've heard but I don't have any data to back it up. 

That was definitely my take too. Probably due to all the Albertans driving Denalis lol

• Like 1

The new 1500 front got me over the fence at looking for a new truck this year. Needed an HD though. The front profile of the 2500 was a little word at first, but didn't take long to grow on me. I loved the side profile, so that helped. Now I think it looks great and I get complimented for the truck all the time. To me, the GMC headlights look like a ford bumped a toyota. Sorry, father in law has a one time ford and I really don't like the ford front ends this year. The deal breaker for gmc though, is those wheel wells. No way. And then the dainty reflector in the molding? Nope.

I would have bought either......just happened the chevy had features I wanted, I could have got better deal on GMC and actually would have bought one if inventory wasn't so bad.....front ends aren't that big a deal to me on either.....plus GMC has LEDs on SLE trims while chevy has halos on LT (2500s anyway)....and my 1500 was chevy so thought slight change would be nice, just didn't happen that way

Currently researching hard for a 2020 Sierra/Silverdo 1500 or 2500, The Sierra looks better IMO, the Silverado is still doable, and the Sierra, despite at the base trim being $1100 more, you gain chrome front and rear bumpers, LED headlights, taillights and DRLs, also, aside from the base Sierra, the Sierras have padded dashes, whereas the Silverado have hard plastic dashes until you rear the top 2 trims.

On the 2500 models, it's a grand slam for the Sierra over the Silverado HD in looks.

(Off subject) The decision between 1500 or 2500 is the hardest for me, will be occasionally hauling around 8500 lbs loaded trailer, the 1500 are rated for that, but puling near the top of the specs can get hairy at certain situations. The primary option I want is the 15 camera Pro/Advanced trailering package, in the 1500s in the LT/SLE models, you can't get it as a standalone option, it comes tethered to power seats, heated wheel, power tailgate an 10 to 15 other things equaling $4500, whereas the 2500s it's a standalone $710 option including 8" premium stereo (Needed for camera package).

In the end, with the Pro Grade/Advanced trailering package, 1500s and 2500s are within $500 +- of each other.

40 minutes ago, mdreynolds said:

Currently researching hard for a 2020 Sierra/Silverdo 1500 or 2500, The Sierra looks better IMO, the Silverado is still doable, and the Sierra, despite at the base trim being $1100 more, you gain chrome front and rear bumpers, LED headlights, taillights and DRLs, also, aside from the base Sierra, the Sierras have padded dashes, whereas the Silverado have hard plastic dashes until you rear the top 2 trims.

On the 2500 models, it's a grand slam for the Sierra over the Silverado HD in looks.

(Off subject) The decision between 1500 or 2500 is the hardest for me, will be occasionally hauling around 8500 lbs loaded trailer, the 1500 are rated for that, but puling near the top of the specs can get hairy at certain situations. The primary option I want is the 15 camera Pro/Advanced trailering package, in the 1500s in the LT/SLE models, you can't get it as a standalone option, it comes tethered to power seats, heated wheel, power tailgate an 10 to 15 other things equaling $4500, whereas the 2500s it's a standalone $710 option including 8" premium stereo (Needed for camera package).

In the end, with the Pro Grade/Advanced trailering package, 1500s and 2500s are within $500 +- of each other.

be a lot easier in 2500 and more comfy.....I traded my 1500 out for 2500 awhile back and they are definetly a more robust truck without a doubt, but surprisingly still pretty smooth driving empty....better to have more than enough than barely is my mindset

when I build GMC 2500 SLE with pro grade trailer system it wont let me have conv or preferred pkgs which seems kinda stupid

Edited by Dunn